Hello friends, Piyanki here using the Poinsettia from Susan’s Garden to create a water color mixed media Tag!
Shaping poinsettias is what I love. I have made a red and pink Poinsettia in an earlier post which has a word background.
I used the new Distress Oxide for the background, keeping it subtle so that the flower pops.
Here is how to create this beautiful Tag:
- Cut chipboard in the tag shape 6.5″ x 3″. Distress the sides and sponge with distress ink.
- Die cut 2 pieces of Entwined Circles.
- Die cut 2 sets of flowers using the Poinsettia flower die. Color and shade them using distress ink.
- Shape the flower petals and leaves using Susan’s Metal Tool Kit.
- Cut a piece of Watercolor paper so that it is the same size as the chipboard tag.
- Sprinkle with water to prepare the base and create the background with distress ink.
- Lay down the die cut circle pieces, add some mesh and prepare for the flower base.
- Arrange the flowers, leaves and then lay it on the mesh background.
- Sprinkle some white paint and stone paint to finish the background.
- Cut a black strip of cardstock. Die cut the word Congratulations from white paper and adhere sentiment to the black cardstock piece.
- Adhere the sentiment to the bottom of the tag.