Welcome to Susan’s Garden! This is Anita here and today I have a pretty hydrangea bouquet on my card. Susan’s Garden has fabulous flower dies with which to create beautiful realistic flowers and it’s so much fun making them. You can check the whole range here.
Here is my card with instructions following.
1. Make a top-fold (tent-style) card base measuring 7″ x 5 “. Add a mat layer, 1/4” smaller than the card base, in your favorite blue Soft Finish Cardstock (Dusky Sky, Bonnie Blue, Time for Teal, Bluebell) or other hydrangea-compatible color of your choice. Blue shown is from the Victorian Sampler Pack. Add another mat layer in white cardstock 1/4 inch smaller than the blue mat layer.
2. Cut a piece of blue cardstock measuring 4″ x 6″. Cut a piece of white cardstock just a bit smaller and score raised lines, diagonally, to create a pattern as shown below. Sponge with Peeled Paint Distress ink as shown below. Adhere onto the blue cardstock, then center this panel on the card base.
3. Die cut hydrangea leaves and stems and ivy vine pieces from White Soft Finish Cardstock. Colour with Distress Inks shown below. Shape the pieces.
4. Randomly colour a piece of White Soft Finish Cardstock with the Distress Inks shown below. Die cut the florets for the hydrangea heads, shape the pieces. Assemble as shown using Beacon Kids Choice Glue.
5. Colour a piece of seam binding ribbon with the Distress Inks shown below; air dry.
6. Cut a piece of White Soft Finish Cardstock. Apply Distress Inks to a craft mat, spritz with a bit of water and swipe the cardstock onto the mat to pick up the colors. Heat set or air dry.
7. Die cut a dozen mini flowers (the center die from the Bunch of Flowers 2 set) and shape them. Pierce a tiny hole in the center of each flower. Insert a pre-made wired stamen and use floral tape to cover the wire for each stem. Alternatively, add glue and Pollen (powder) to a piece of wire and create your own.
8. Complete the card front in this order: Adhere the coloured cardstock panel vertically on the card base, using foam tape to add dimension. Stamp a sentiment onto White Soft Finish Cardstock, sponge color on the edges of the rectangle, mat to a contrasting color, and adhere per the project photo. At the left side of the sentiment arrange all of the hydrangeas, leaves, stems, some of the ivy, and ten of the white flowers as a bouquet and glue them in place, adding a bow that appears to ‘tie’ the bouquet. Adhere the two remaining white flowers and some ivy at the right side of the sentiment.
I hope you liked this floral card and will make one yourself! Do visit the ECD store to see the entire range of fabulous flower dies from Susan’s Garden. See you again soon and thanks for stopping by.
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
Soft Finish Cardstock – Victorian Sampler Pack (Any shade of blue or other color of choice)
Distress Inks in Peeled Paint, Mowed Lawn, Chipped Sapphire, Shaded Lilac, Tumbled Glass, Stormy Sky, Twisted Citron,
VersaFine Ink in Onyx Black
Cardstock in White