Hi It’s Kelly Booth. I’m here to show you one of my favorite ways of coloring using the Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape and Cool or Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter. Please note that the Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter contains cooler sparkles in it, which gives you a better result in seeing the colors of your image under the glitter than when using Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter.
I’m using one of the Sweet Birds from the new Feather Friends stamp set for my card and will show you a few others created with the same technique.
1. Cut a piece of White Soft Finish Cardstock 4″.25″ by 11″; score and fold in half so the textured side is on the outside of the top-fold card.
2. Back a piece of dark brown card stock about 4″.25″ by 5″.1/2″ with ECD Clear Double Sided Adhesive tape. Place the large 1266 Entwined Hearts die on top and run through your die cutting machine. Cut one small Stitched Heart from Sky Blue Soft Finish Cardstock using the second smallest heart from the 1263 Stitched Hearts set. Set these aside.
3. Take a small scrap of White Soft Finish Cardstock and on the smooth side color an ombre strip blending Blue and Green pens of your choice. I used these three Copics:
4. Place a piece of Clear Double Sided Adhesive Sheet or wide Tape on top of the colored piece. Peel off the release sheet, sprinkle with Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter. Pour excess back into jar. Polish with a fingertip to bring out the maximum sparkle. Place the Die Hugs from the 1269 Love Sentiments onto the cardstock, making sure that the cutting edge of the die is facing the colored/glittered side (not the back) and run through your die cutting machine. set a side.
5. Stamp the Little Bird on the Branch onto the smooth side of White Soft Finish Cardstock and color with pens of your choice. I used the Copics shown below:
6. Do the same thing to the bird as you did with the word Hugs to ‘glitter’ it. Place Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on top, peel off the release sheet, add and polish the Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter. Place the matching die on top, carefully lining it up, and run through the die cutting machine. Tip – As shown in the photo below, use bits of low-tack tape to hold the die in place while cutting.
7. The rest is so easy; you are now ready to assemble the card. Place the large Entwined Heart onto the card base, using pop dots or foam tape to add dimension to the Sky Blue Stitched Heart and the glittered bird. Use a little bit of adhesive to secure ‘Hugs’ at the bottom right.
Here is another card using the same technique. It stars colored and glittered kitties. And I made a marker-colored and glittered fox, too.
I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial and are inspired to try this…it truly is always fun to get something sparkly in the mail!
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies:
1256 Postage Stamp Squares (for cat card)
614 True Red Silk Microfine Glitter (for cat card)
Kraft and Red Cardstock