Mary here with another holiday card. When I first saw this cute little reindeer head, part of the Winter Sweater die set, I wanted to make a card featuring it as all of Santa’s reindeer. This clean and simple card shows those 8 reindeer and Rudolph in the center. Of course his nose had to be special so I added Silk Microfine Glitter to make it glow.
Making the Card
1. Cut 100 lb. Soft Finish Cardstock 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 inches; fold in half to make a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch card base.
2. Die cut 9 reindeer heads as well as antlers and noses from 100 lb. Soft Finish Cardstock. Glue to front of card as shown (don’t glue middle reindeer’s nose just yet!). Hint: Place all reindeer faces on card first, including at least one antler per row to get an idea of height; lightly sketch where each head will be located. Erase pencil marks once finished gluing.
3. Place a piece of clear double sided adhesive onto a scrap of red cardstock. Die cut nose. Dip in True Red Silk Microfine glitter and polish with finger to bring out the maximum sparkle. Glue to center reindeer’s face.
4. Optional: Use red ink to hand-stamp a greeting on the inside of the card using a sentiment from the Winter Sentiments Clear Stamps set.
- Soft Finish Cardstock, 100 lb.
- 1240 Winter Sweater
- Silk Microfine Glitter: 614 True Red
- Clear Double Sided Adhesive
- Optional: CS023 Winter Sentiments Stamps
- Optional: Red ink pad