Poinsettias are always beautiful on Christmas cards. I love creating these flowers with Susan’s Garden Notes Poinsettia and Garden Notes Small Poinsettia die sets. The A Way With Words Merry Christmas die set creates the gorgeous sentiment. Here is how the card was created:
- This is a 6×6 inch card. A light tan card stock was used for the background. The edges were scored on a Scoring Board to create an elegant raised effect.
- Using Susan’s Garden Notes Poinsettia and Poinsetta – Small die sets, cut enough petals to create three flowers. There are two of the large petal die cuts from the Poinsettia set, and two of the large petals set from the Small Poinsettia die set used for each flower. Using the largest petal die from the (large) Poinsettia die set, six sets of petals were die cut to be used for the green leaves.
- Use the Leaf Tool from Susan’s Flower Tool Kit to draw the veins in each petal of all the die cuts. Use Susan’s PanPastels to color all pieces. I used the light pink with a little touch of the bright pink on the flowers and the lime green with a touch of the pinks on the leaves. Once the petals are all colored, shape them with the ball stylus. If you are not familiar with the shaping technique watch Susan’s Garden Notes Poinsettia YouTube Video at this LINK. After gluing the flowers/leaves together, add some of Susan’s Prills, in the color of your choice, to the center of each flower.
- Use the Garden Notes Whitepine Boughs & Pinecone die set to die cut four pine boughs. Use white card stock that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive on top so you can add Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter to them.
- Die cut the A Way With Words – Merry Christmas from white glossy card stock. Attach to the card front as shown, then arrange the poinsettias across the middle on the diagonal. Glue the pine boughs under the flowers.
- To finish the card, add snowflakes that have been die cut with Clear Double Sided Adhesive on top so you can add Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter. Attach the snowflakes to fill in areas around the sentiment and flowers.
You can create this card with the following products from Elizabeth Craft Designs:
White Glossy Card Stock
Tan Card Stock