Hello Everyone, it is Christine from Susan’s Garden Design Team with a Christmas card using Susan’s Garden Notes Small Poinsettia and Whitepine Boughs and Pinecones, along with Elizabeth Craft Designs new Sea Glass Silk Microfine Glitter. This glitter is so pretty, the picture does not do it justice. This card is a 5-1/2″ X 4-1/4″ drapery-fold card.
Here is how the card was created.
- Cut White Soft Finish Cardstock 5-1/2″ X 8-1/2″, score at 4-1/4″, and fold on score line. (This is a tent-fold card.)
- Cut printed paper 5-1/2″ X 4-1/4″, attach to card front using Clear Double Sided Adhesive.
- Cut a coordinating printed paper 11-1/2″ X 4″ ( this is your drapery fold piece). Score at 3″ 4″ 6″ 7″ 9″ and 10″. Make a light pencil mark at bottom of 3″ score line and 1″ down from top on right end. Lay on cutter, lining up marks. (See photo) Cut the angle.
- Pleat (accordion-fold) on score lines. Attach to card front using Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape. Also add a small piece of adhesive between the pleats to hold in place.
- Cut 2″ X 5-1/2″ piece of white cardstock and cover 1 side with Clear Double Sided Adhesive. Cut a strip 1/2″ X 5-1/2″ and from remaining piece die cut Season’s Greetings, making sure that cuting side of die is against the adhesive-covered side. Remove protective paper on both and cover with Sea Glass Silk Microfine Glitter. Shake off excess and polish with your fingertip to bring out the maximum sparkle. Attach 1/2″ strip to top of card using Clear Double Sided Adhesive and attach Season’s Greetings to lower right corner using clear drying glue such as Beacon Kids Choice Glue.
- Cut poinsettia base once and the extra leaves twice in white; also cut in green. Shade, shape and assemble using Susan’s video as a guide. You can find that video here.
- Cut 3 pinecones from brown cardstock and several pine boughs from green cardstock. Shade, shape and assemble, again referring to Susan’s video found here.
- Attach to upper left corner of card using clear drying glue.
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
Close To My Heart Paper Pack – Oh Deer
Cardstock – green and brown
I do hope that this tutorial is an inspiration for you to make your own card. Hurry on over to Elizabeth Craft Designs to get all your supplies.
Until next time – Happy Scrapping!