Hello crafters! Mary here today with a pop up Christmas card. There are a lot of really cute Christmas patterned papers and cardstock. If you can’t find the one I used, there are others featuring gingerbread men (I had several to choose from in my stash from different manufacturers). I made my die cuts look like the images on the patterned cardstock (or at least close).
Making the Card
1. Cut red cardstock 7×10 inches; fold in half to form a 5×7 card base. Cut pattened cardstock with holiday icons to 6 1/2 x 9 1/2 inches; fold in half. Cut another patterned cardstock 4 1/2 by 6 1/2.; adhere to front of card. Cut brown cardstock 1 x 7 inches; adhere as shown. From red cardstock, cut a strip about 1/8 inch wide (for stripes on stocking).
2. Use Lorna Label Pop Up to create platform in center of folded patterned cardstock as directed on packaging. From a piece of dotted cardstock, cut an extra platform – trim away all but label area (use score lines as guides). Adhere dotted cardstock to center platform. ‘Train’ folds for pop up platform. Adhere to card base inside (adhere one side, then add adhesive to the other and close card). Cut off-white cardstock 2 1/2 x 5 inches. Adhere to patterned cardstock where shown (this is the writing space).
3. Die cut the following:
- red cardstock: top of stocking plus toe and heel pieces, lollypop spiral, 6 berries for holly (Candle), and ornament base
- light pink cardstock: lollypop base (to make it a circle, refit piece back into die shifting it to cut off wrapper end; may want to use removable tape to hold in place), decorator label with stitches (Lorna Label Pop Up), banner (Lorna Label Pop Up), candy cane (Gingerbread Man), and stocking base
- off-white cardstock: gingerbread man shadow, 3 eyes (to use as buttons so they look more like the images on patterned cardstock), “frosting” for the gingerbread man, snowflake (Winter Sweater)
- green: 2 sets of attached holly leaves (Candle)
- light green: 2 sets of attached holly leaves (Candle) – cut each leaf in half following score lines then glue to green copy (left side)
- black: buttons (Build a Snowman) to be used for gingerbread man’s eyes
- silver Shimmer Sheetz: ornament cap
4. Adhere the following:
- snowflake and top of ornament to ornament as shown
- lollypop spiral to base
- top to stocking, then stripes (trim from back side using detail scissors), toe, and heel
5. Draw small asterisk on berries with burgundy pen. Stamp “Merry Christmas” on pink stitched label. Stamp “and Happy New Year” on light pink banner.
6. Use dimensional tape to adhere gingerbread man and stocking on pop up platform as shown. Adhere banner to base with dimensional tape.
7. Adhere pink stitched label to front with dimensional tape. Adhere holly leaves and 2 berries as shown (one set inside card, one set on front); use dimensional tape for the 3rd berry. Adhere candy at double dimensional tape height (i.e use single layer on label area, double up tape for off label area). Adhere ornament with dimensional tape. Color candy cane stripes (I used Copic R27). Glue candy cane where shown.
- 1246 Gingerbread Man
- 1180 Lollypop
- 1240 Winter Sweater
- 932 Stocking Solid
- 927 Ornament Set 3
- 919 Candle
- 1081 CountryScapes – Build a Snowman
- 915 Lorna Label Pop Up
- SS 0211 Shimmer Sheetz: Silver Metallic
- CS003 Merry & Bright
- Cardstock: Red, Green, Light Green, Brown, Off-White, Light Pink, Black
- Patterned Cardstock: Pebbles Home for Christmas 732678
- Burgundy Pen
- Brown Ink (e.g. Memento Luxe Rich Cocoa)