Hello!! It’s Wanda here today and I’m super excited to be sharing a project using the brand new Merry Christmas from the A Way With Words line by designer Suzanne Cannon. Christmas will be here in a flash and it’s not too soon to start those cards!!! I’m also using the new CountryScapes Fence and, of course, some old favorites. I love how the glittery swirls on this background make me think of a snowy day in winter.
Let’s Get Started…
1 – For the background, onto white cardstock (4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″) apply embossing paste through the stencil using a palette knife, remove stencil, immediately cover embossing paste with glitter, very lightly press the glitter to the paste, dump off the extra glitter and put back into jar. Clean paste from stencil (do not let embossing paste dry on a stencil) and leave the background to dry.
2 – Cut Fence from white cardstock, ink with Antique Linen using a blending tool, emboss with folder, lightly ink over the embossing with Vintage Photo and also ink the edges with Vintage Photo.
3 – Cut Poinsettia three times from Soft Finish White Cardstock, line and shape pieces with Susan’s Tools and Accessories; color pieces with PanPastels.
4 – Cut Merry Christmas from Shimmer Sheetz. *Optional: Back the Shimmer Sheetz with Clear Double Sided Adhesive before cutting. Remember, a metal adaptor plate is required for die cutting Shimmer Sheetz. Watch Els van de Burgt’s YouTube tutorial if you are new to this technique.
5 – Cut Perfect Pink Soft Finish Cardstock 6 1/8″ x 9 3/4″, fold to create top-fold card.
6 – Cut True Green Soft Finish Cardstock 4 5/8″ x 5 7/8″, distress edges, attach to folded card.
7 – Attach background to layered card.
8 – Attach fence and Merry Christmas to card. Assemble flower directly on card. Color Gumdrop with Alcohol Ink and attach to center of flower. Lightly add a little PanPastel near the edges of the background.
9 – Cut two Card Stand/Easels from white cardstock, glue together. *Tip: Using a wet glue allows time to line the two pieces up exactly.
10 – Emboss Easel with folder. *Tip: The easel is too large to emboss all at once so I line the edge of the folder up with the center line of the easel and emboss one half, then repeat to emboss the other half. Ink first with Antique Linen and then with Vintage Photo as with the fence.
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
- A Way With Words – Merry Christmas
- CountryScapes – Kentucky 3 Rail Horse Fence
- Susan’s Garden Notes – Poinsettia 6 Piece Set
- Els van de Burgt Studio – Card Stand/Easel
- Susan’s Garden Tools, Molding Mat, Leaf Pad
- Soft Finish Cardstock – White, True Green, Perfect Pink
- Shimmer Sheetz – Raspberry Metallic
- Stage it Stencil – Swirly Flourish
- Silk Microfine Glitter – Warm Diamond
- Metal Adaptor Plate
Other Supplies –
- Smooth White Cardstock
- Studio 490 Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste (Dreamweaver)
- Distress Ink – Antique Linen, Vintage Photo (Ranger Ink)
- Tim Holtz Gumdrop (Idea-ology)
- Alcohol Ink – Caramel (Ranger Ink)
- Scotch Create Permanent Tacky Glue (3M)