Hello everyone. It’s Joset here. I’m very excited to show you this Bee Happy card using 3 of my brand new dies, Beehive, Honeycomb, and Bee, and one of my new clear stamp sets, the Bee Sentiments. I also used the new Dotted Scallop Squares, available in other shapes as well (Dotted Scallop Rectangles, Ovals, and Circles). All of these fun new dies and stamps will be available at Elizabeth Craft Designs as of May 24th. Let’s get started!
- Cut Sunfower Soft Finish Cardstock 5″ x 10″, score at 5″ and fold in half for the top-fold card base..
- Cut Dotted Scallop Square from White Soft Finish Cardstock using the second largest die in the set. Adhere to card front.
- Cut Honeycomb from White Soft Finish Cardstock backed with Clear Double Sided Adhesive. Color with Mustard Seed Distress Ink. Use a round Mini Ink Blending Tool to apply the ink. When dry, adhere honeycomb to card front as shown.
- Cut Beehive and flower from White Soft Finish Cardstock. Color solid beehive with Wild Honey Distress Ink and beehive overlay and the center of the flower with Mustard Seed. Adhere the overlay to the solid beehive. Assemble flower. Add a tiny bit of Tumbled Glass Distress Ink to the edges of the petals.
- For the bees, cut 2 solid bee bodies, 2 bee body overlays and 4 wings from White Soft Finish Cardstock. For the bee body overlays, apply Clear Double Sided Adhesive to the back of the cardstock before die cutting. Use Black Soot and Mustard Seed Distress Ink to color solids and overlays. Add a tiny bit of Tumbled Glass Distress Ink on the edges of the wings. Assemble bees.
- For the sentiment, cut one Stitched Circle from White Soft Finish Cardstock using the second smallest die in the set. Stamp “Bee Happy” using black ink. Back stamped circle with one Fitted Circle cut from Sunflower Soft Finish Cardstock. Cut heart (shape is in the Bee die set) from white cardstock that is colored with Barn Door Distress Ink (as shown) or from a scrap of Ladybug Red Soft Finish Cardstock. Adhere to Stitched Circle.
- Assemble card: Adhere sentiment, beehive, flower and bees.
I hope that you enjoyed this tutorial and will create your own Bee Happy card!
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
Dotted Scallop Squares
Clear Stamps – Bee Sentiments
Sunflower Soft Finish Cardstock
White Soft Finish Cardstock
Clear Double Sided Adhesive Sheets
Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape 6mm
Mini Ink Blending Tool – Ranger
Distress Inks: Mustard Seed, Wild Honey, Black Soot, Tumbled Glass, Barn Door – TimHoltz/Ranger
Acrylic block for temporarily mounting Bee Sentiments stamp