“Earth laughs in flowers.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
It’s not quite spring here yet but I am ready for some warm weather and flowers to start blooming. It’s Diana here and I made a bright and cheery card in anticipation of such! It was very quick and easy and used some of my favorite products.
1. Cut card base out of white card stock 4 1/4″ x 11″.
2. Score long side at 5 1/2″ for tent-fold card.
3. Cut white card stock 2 1/2″ x 5 1/2″. Emboss with Dancing Leaves embossing folder.
5. Cut dark pink cardstock 2 5/8″ x 5 1/2″.
6. Cut black card stock 2 3/4″ x 5 1/2″.
7. Layer all three strips as shown in picture.
8. Die cut the small Crystal Flower Overlay out of the Purple Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz using the required metal adaptor plate. If you are new to this technique, review Els van de Burgt’s YouTube tutorial below.
9. Die cut two “leaves” using the wings from the Birds die set from Peridot Gemstone Shimmer Sheetz.
10. Adhere flower to strip using a large pearl brad, add leaves off to the side as shown.
11. Die cut Laugh twice, once from Pink Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz and again from black card stock.
12. Attach layered strip to card base. Adhere the Laugh die cuts, offsetting them slightly so the black appears as a shadow. Adhere to card as shown. Use a tiny bit of adhesive between the layers for the word, as well as underneath the first part of the word, use small slivers of foam tape under the bottom layer on the last two letters only (to keep the word level all the way across).
Elizabeth Craft Designs Products
Large pearl brad
White, dark pink, and black cardstock
Tombow Mono Aqua Liquid Glue
Tombow MONO Permanent Adhesive Applicator