Hello everyone, Sanna here again with my second blog post for January.
I love to use color on my layouts and I hardly ever use more than one photo per scrapbooking page. However, the Stitched Square die set inspired me to create an A4 size multiple-photo layout. Using the square dies to create such a page is lots of fun and very easy to do!
Here is how I created this layout:
1. Cut two strips of White Soft Finish Cardstock in appr. 8.5 x 2.75″ inch size. Run through a die cutting machine, three times each piece. Save the leftover strips for another project, as they look a little like photo negative strips and will be a fun starting point for another project!
4. Choose three photos and cut them into the same size as the inked square pieces. To make sure the photos stay put while cutting, adhere them onto the plattform with masking or washi tape (low-tack tape that will not damage the photos).
5. Use the “The Best Things in Life” stamp to stamp the quote onto three of the squares as shown in the photo above. Ink ONLY the part of the saying that is needed for that particular square. Clean the stamp thoroughly and dry it well before inking and stamping the next part. Repeat for the third square.
6. Run a piece of green cardstock thru a die cutting machine using the Fitted Frames 3 Curvy Rectangles die for cutting.
8. Adhere the 6 misted die cut rectangles and the three photos in rows onto an A4 sized piece of white cardstock. Adhere. Next adhere the flowers and pieces of the Fitted Frames images next to the glittered and stamped areas. Add black ink splatters for additional decoration. Then adhere the center pieces of the Fitted Frames 3 Curvy Rectangles dies underneath the last squares on the left and the right side of the layout.
9. Die cut another piece of Soft Finish Cardstock using the Alphabet 2 – Lower Case die. Remember to add Clear Double Sided Adhesive onto the cardstock before cutting. Save the leftover piece for later for another project.
This is how the finished layout looks like. I hope you enjoyed this fun and easy step-by-step tutorial and will get inspired to scrap your own layout this way!
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
1075 Alphabet 2 Lower Case
1030 Bunch of Flowers 4
1118 Stitched Squares
1063 Fitted Frames 3 Curvy Rectangles
RS009 The Best Things in Life stamp
Fire Opal – Silk Microfine Glitter
Clear Double Sided Adhesive
Soft Finish Cardstock
Spray inks (Tattered Angels by Canvas Corp Brands)
Texture spray (Imagine Crafts)
Black Glimmer Glaze (Tattered Angels by Canvas Corp Brands)
Black pen (Micron, Sakura)
Big Shot die cutting machine (Sizzix)
Black stamp ink (Hero Arts)