It’s Els here today!
And what an exciting day it is, as we welcome Suzanne Cannon, Quietfire Design to Elizabeth Craft Designs as our third licensed designer. To welcome Suzanne, we are holding a fantastic competition over on our Facebook page. If you would like to win all twelve of the new Quietfire Design dies, you should check out our Facebook page for details of how to enter (and hopefully win!) If you can’t wait to be the proud new owner of all twelve of these new dies, don’t worry because you can get them for a steal on our website.
In this post, I will be sharing a collection of cards using the new Quietfire Design dies, named ‘A Way With Words’. Suzanne’s beautiful dies are so elegant, very versatile and can be used for both simple projects or more complicated (more decorated) projects. For the background of all my cards I used Elizabeth Craft Designs’ Silk Microfine Glitter and Elizabeth Craft Designs’ Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape, both of which are available on our website. For the first card, I used a masking technique and I’ll show you how I created the card in the step by step instructions below.
1. I used our Clear Double Sided Adhesive 101 mm tape role. First apply a piece of the tape to white cardstock 4″ x 5 1/4″. Remove the release sheet and safe this to die cut a variety of snowflakes using the Elizabeth Craft Design Snowflakes die.
2. Apply the die cut snowflakes to the adhesive, Elizabeth Craft Design logo facing up. Make sure not to touch the adhesive as this will leave marks in your glitter. Use a piece of release sheet to press down the snowflakes on the adhesive.
3. Cover the adhesive with Bluebell Silk Microfine Glitter and brush off the excess.
4. Polish glitter with your index finger, this will make the glitter shine.
5. Carefully remove each snowflake using the Elizabeth Craft Design Fine Pointed Tweezers.
6. After removing all the snowflakes, cover exposed adhesive with White Silk Microfine Glitter and brush off the excess (don’t polish the white glitter).
7. Adhere glitter piece to the front of a white top fold card.
8. Die cut one Merry Christmas from black cardstock backed with Elizabeth Craft Design Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape and one from Elizabeth Craft Design Silver Metallic Shimmer Sheetz backed with Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape as well. Make sure to use the Metal Adaptor Plate when die cutting. Adhere both greetings to card front (use black Merry Christmas as a shadow for the Silver Metallic Shimmer Sheetz).
9. Add Silver Lines Peel-Offs around snowflakes piece.
I hope that you enjoyed this tutorial and will try this technique yourself. The elegant words and greetings dies from the ‘A Way with Words’ collection are a beautiful combination with Elizabeth Craft Design’s Silk Microfine Glitter or Shimmer Sheetz.
SUPPLIES (for Merry Christmas Snowflakes card):
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
Die cutting machine