Le Chef Waterfall Recipe Album
Hi, it’s Angela Beavers and today I want to share with you a waterfall cookbook. I was inspired by the new peel-offs from ECD called Kitchen Time. I wanted to create a cookbook that contained my favorite recipes from each food category. Because you create the pages, the book can have as many sections as you chose and sections can be added. The cookbook is for our daughter which not only contains many of her favorite meals and desserts but it is also a handmade gift.
1. Cut and mat the front and back album cover with pattern paper and adhere using Transparent Double-Sided Tape.
2. Die cut the letters “RECIPES” in black from the Alphabet 1 – Caps die.
3. Die cut red and cream cardstock using the Tags & More 4 – Flourish die.
4. Cut 1/4” off each side of the cream tag and adhere onto the red cardstock tag & place a black brad in the hole.
5. Adhere the red tag sideways across the front of the album.
6. Adhere “RECIPES” to the tag.
7. Stamp Le Chef on cream cardstock using black ink and mat with black cardstock.
8. Adhere the chef to the album front.
Inside the Cover:
*Measure and cut the 12″ x 12″ pattern paper and adhere with Transparent Double-Sided Tape to the inside of the spine, front and back covers.
1. Die cut a Tags & More 7 – Vine cutout from Home Sweet Home paper. It is 2.25” long and adhered to the pocket front.
2. Embellish page front and back as desired.
** This is the perfect place to keep restaurant take-out menus!**
Page 2 – Soup:
1. Cover the page with Home Sweet Home paper cut at 8.25” x 6.5”.
2. Die cut the letters “SOUP” in black from the Alphabet 1 – Caps die.
3. Adhere an apron peel-off to pattern paper, cut out and color in as desired.
4. Create a waterfall with six recipe cards and adhere to the right side of the page.
5. Embellish the page with the apron and the word “SOUP”.
Back of Waterfall Page – Create the pocket (see 3 photos below):
1. Cut a 6″ x 6″ piece of pattern paper, center Tags & More 7 – Vine at the top of the paper and die cut.
2. Score on all three straight sides at 1/2”.
3. Where the cut stops on the die cut edge, score and cut the paper off.
4. Miter the two bottom corners.
5. Fold on all score lines. Fold down the decorative edge and adhere.
6. Place Transparent Double-Sided Tape on the tabs and attach the pocket at the bottom of the page.
7. Decorate the top of the page with pattern paper as desired.
Each page is created in the same manner. Chose your category and die cut and embellish each page with peel-offs as desired. My book contains four waterfall pages including SIDES, MAIN and YUM as the categories. I hope you will create your own recipe album. This is a fun and easy project to complete!
Elizabeth Craft Designs: