Hello Crafty Friends!
Debra Hensley here today to say Happy 2015!! Its a new year and we have a brand New Release to share with you with full of amazing and versatile dies you are going to love! I’ll be using a few in my post today.
Believe it or not, Valentine’s Day is right around the corner so its never too early to start thinking of a special card for that special someone in your life. The new Alphabet 1 – Caps was calling me to make a card with X’s and O’s on it. The new Victorian Flower Set 1 is the perfect embellishment.
Here’s how I made this card:
1. Fold an 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ piece of Kraft colored cardstock in half to form a standard A2 size card base. Ink edges with brown ink. Cut a piece of black cardstock to 4″ x 5 1/4″ and adhere to card front. Cut a piece of Kraft cardstock to 3 3/4″ x 5″.
2. Die cut 2 X’s and O’s in black from Alphabet 1 – Caps die. Die cut Love from black cardstock. Die cut various size hearts, some in black cardstock, a few in red and white cardstock with Transparent Double Sided Tape applied to it. Remove the release sheet of the tape on the red die cut hearts and glitter them with True Red Silk Microfine Glitter. Glitter the white hearts with Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter. Die cut 2 smaller flowers from Victorian Flower Set 1 in Kraft and one small flower center in black.
3. Emboss the 3 3/4″ x 5″ Kraft piece with Heart Strings Embossing Folder and then ink with brown ink, making sure to ink over the embossed pattern to bring it out. Die cut 2 smaller flowers from Victorian Flower Set 1. Stamp with a script stamp in black ink and ink edges with brown ink. Add Black/Silver Glitter Border to the edges and adhere to the card front.
4. Create the flower embellishment by stacking the 2 flowers with a piece of foam adhesive in between. To add dimension, take something rounded like a pencil, pen or in this case the end of a paint brush, and curve the top flower’s petals up. Using the rounded tool give you the curve with out making a crease in the middle for a softer more natural look. Adhere the black center and a small red glittered heart to complete.
5. To assemble the card, add a 1 1/2″ x 4″ strip of pattern paper to the front. Ink edges with brown ink. Add X’s and O’s to pattern paper. Add the Love die cut to a 2/3″ x 3″ strip of white with a “v” cut out of one end and adhere at the end of the pattern paper. Add flower where they meet. Add hearts and Black/Silver Glitter Dots to complete front. Here’s another view for placement:
6. Decorate the inside as well with a black and red heart and 2 strips of Black/Silver Glitter Border for a finishing touch.
I hope you enjoyed making this card with me today and get to try out the new Alphabet Set 1- Caps and the new Victorian Flower Set 1 dies soon. They are so versatile and fun – the possibilities are endless!
Elizabeth Craft Designs Products used:
967 Alphabet Set 1 – Caps
964 Victorian Flower Set 1
E112 Heart Strings Embossing Folder
916 Spiral Circle Pull Card (medium heart)
726 Balloons (large and tiny hearts)
7010 Glitter Borders Assorted Colors – Black/Silver
7018 Glitter Dots Assorted Colors – Black/Silver
Other Products used:
Cardstock and Pattern Paper- Bazzill
Vintage Photo Distress Ink