Hi it’s Kelly Booth here. It’s time to start thinking about making some special Christmas cards for special people and I wanted to play with the fun Christmas Ornaments Round Peel-Offs by Elizabeth Craft Designs. They are so fun and work perfectly on the Ring Accordion Die set!
Here is a photo of the card I made for today’s tutorial
Preparing the ornament peel-0ffs:
1. Take a piece of white cardstock 5″ x 7″ and a piece of Elizabeth Craft Designs Double sided Adhesive the same size. Remove the backing and place adhesive onto the piece of cardstock.
2. Remove the top backing piece and place two gold ornaments and two holly leaves from the Christmas Ornaments Round Peel-Off sheet onto the adhesive.
3. Pour some Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter onto the adhesive with the peel-offs and polish glitter with your fingers. Shake off the excess glitter and return into the jar.
5. Color the ornaments and holly leaves with Alcohol markers (I used Copics for mine) and cut out staying close to the gold lines. Set these aside.
Cutting all the pieces for the card:
6. You will need 3 pieces of teal green cardstock 4″ 1/4″ x 8″ 1/2″ and three pieces of aqua cardstock 4″ 1/4″ x 8″ 1/2″. Take the Ring Accordion Die and cut 3 teal and 3 aqua panels from these.
7. Take the large circle die and the stitched circle in the set and place them in the center of two of the teal Accordion cuts taping them down with removable tape so they stay together and don’t shift and run through your die cutting machine.
8. While you have these dies out take a piece of white cardstock and cut another stitched circle. Stamp sentiment in the center with gold pigment ink.
9. Take your third teal Accordion cut and cut the center circle out making sure the outer ring stays intact. Cut away the tabs from the inside and outside of this ring.
10. You should have three circles in teal, two small ones and one large one. Emboss all three circles with the Lots of Dots Embossing Folder.
11. Take some gold pigment ink and lightly rub it over the embossed dots.
12. Take a piece of Gold Metallic Shimmer Sheetz 5″ x 11″ and place it onto a piece of Elizabeth Craft Designs Double sided adhesive the same size.
13. Take your Ring Frame Edges set and cut 16 Metallic Gold Edges using the pinked edge circle die. With the New Elizabeth Craft Designs adhesive these cut so easy and do not need a shim.
You should have all of these pieces cut, stamped and inked:
14. Take your three aqua accordion panels and lay them out so the bottoms are even. Place a little piece of double sided adhesive on the outer tabs of the first two and snip off the third. Adhere the three together.
15. Take your two small dotted teal circles and place them in the center of the first panel and the last panel using pop dots or foam tape to raise them slightly.
16. Place the white sentiment circle in the center panel and place one Red Glitter Dot to the beginning and end of the sentiment.
17. Take your ornaments that have been colored and covered with Silk Microfine Glitter and place them in the center of the first and the last panel using foam tape or pop dots.
18. Flip the whole accordion over so your looking at the back and place the three open teal rings onto each panel using small pieces of double sided adhesive.
19. Flip back over to the front and peel away adhesive backing on the ring edges you cut and place them evenly around each accordion panel.
20. Place some Transparent/Gold Glitter Dots on the dots on the ornaments and place the holly leaves at the top of the two ornaments.
21. Place little pieces of double sided adhesive on the inner tabs of the Circle Accordion and attach them together. First over the ring edges and then under the edges on the second panel.
22. Now gently fold the card so all the panels are working (mountain and valley folds).
I hope this project has inspired you to start your holiday crafting with a little sparkle and some ornament-filled Ring Accordion cards!
Thanks for stopping by the Elizabeth Craft Designs Blog!
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies:
Cardstock – Teal, Aqua, and White
Pop dots or Foam Tape
Gold Pigment Ink
Sentiment Stamp by Mama Elephant
Die Cutting Machine