It’s Frances here again. I have been playing with some of the new Elizabeth Craft Designs dies that are being released this month. They should be available in stores near you any day now! For today’s card I used the new Crystal Flower dies and one of the new Word Stand-Up Helper dies (I used the Best Wishes Stand-Up Helper Die for this card). Of course as you can see, I haven’t used the die to create a Stand Up card, but rather on the edge of my card.
1. Cut a piece of purple card which measures 4 1/4 inches x 11 inches. Score this at 5 1/2 inches so you have a top folded card that measures 4 1/4 inches x 5 1/2 inches.
2. Cut a piece of designer paper which measures 3 1/4 inches x 5 1/2 inches. (As I am layering this to my card with foam tape, I like to adhere this to a piece of card the same size for extra strength.
3. Cut a piece of dark green card 1 /2 inches by 7 inches. Take the Best Wishes Stand-Up Helper die and position it at the top right hand side of the stripe of card, about 3/4 inches from the edge. Cut with you die cutting machine. Cut along the stripe of card where the base of the letters hit the card (black line on the top right photo). Cut along this line so you are left with just the words attached to the green stripe of card (bottom left photo). Apply some adhesive to the left edge of the designer paper and adhere the paper to the Best Wishes stripe, leaving a small border of card showing (bottom right photo).
4. Use foam tape to attach the designer paper to the right side of the card.
5. Using the Crystal Flower Set 1 die cut a small flower and large flower from Purple Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz.
6. Cut a piece of Double Sided Adhesive Paper 3 1/2 inches x 6 1/2 inches. Remove protective layer from one side and place onto a piece of thin card or designer paper. Die cut paper using both flowers and the large flower center from the Crystal Flower Overlay Set 1 die. (You may need to use the Metal Adaptor Plate when diecutting the flower as it has a lot of fine detail). Remove all the excess pieces from the flower if needed. Remove protective backing from the Adhesive Paper and cover flowers with Lavender Silk Microfine Glitter, polishing the glitter into the adhesive with your fingers. Use the Amethyst Silk Microfine Glitter for the flower center.
7. Attach each glittered overlay piece to it’s Shimmer Sheetz flower using foam tape to give extra dimension. Attach the small flower to the large flower using foam tape and off setting the flower so the petals line up between the petals of the larger flower. Attach flower center to the middle of the small flower using foam tape. Attach completed flower to the bottom left hand side of my card as per photo again using foam tape.
8. Die cut the Flourish with Flowers from light green card and attach to card as per photo.
Thanks for stopping by today.
Light Green Card
Bo Bunny Enchanted Garden 6 x 6 Paper Pad