Hi everyone, It’s Joset here today sharing a colorful Happy Birthday Pinwheel card. Once I finished this card I remembered Frances showing me the beautiful card she created for her post yesterday using the Pinwheel die, so today’s pinwheel card with a different twist shows just how versatile the die can be. Pinwheels bring back fun memories from my childhood when I played with these colorful, shiny toys. I found one at the dollar store the other day and bought it for my daughter. We put it on the front of our bike so she could look at it when we go for a ride. She loves it! I hope you like pinwheels too. Here is how I created this card:
- Cut Soft Sky Soft Finish Cardstock 5.5″ x 11″; score at 5.5″ and fold in half to make the card base.
- Cut one square from White Soft Finish Cardstock using the largest die from the Fitted Squares set.
- Cut two clouds in the square toward the top as shown in the photo below. Adhere the square to the card front using foam tape for dimension.
- Color Clouds with Tumbled Glass Distress Ink using a Mini Ink Blending Tool.
- Adhere clouds to card front using foam tape for dimension. 6. Cut 4 pinwheels from patterned paper. Cut 2 flower shaped pinwheel centers from Perfect Pink Soft Finish Cardstock and 2 sticks from White Soft Finish Cardstock backed with Clear Double Sided Adhesive. Color the sticks brown (I used Tea Dye Distress Ink).
7. Fold pinwheels and assemble. Use small brads at the center. Adhere pinwheels to card front as shown.
8. Cut one rectangle from White Soft Finish Cardstock using the smallest die from the Fitted Rectangles set.
9. Stamp Happy Birthday sentiment on the die cut rectangle. Adhere to card as shown using foam tape for dimension. (Option: Make extra pinwheels to use on invitations and/or as party decorations – place cards, atop napkin rings, as part of a poster or banner.)
I hope that you enjoy creating your own Pinwheel Cards!
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
2 Brads (also sometimes called Split Pins)
Distress Inks: Tumbled Glass, Tea Dye – TimHoltz/Ranger
Mini Ink Blending Tool – Ranger
Black Ink and ink block