Creating this card was a bit like solving a jigsaw puzzle, so if you like to puzzle, then you’ll love creating this card!
Here are the steps to create it:
1. Back one piece of Rich Black Soft Finish Cardstock with Clear Double Sided Adhesive. Use it to die-cut two outlines with the Pebbles die.
2. Cut a rectangle of 4 x 5.25 inch Rich Black Soft Finish Cardstock. Adhere the Pebbles outlines to the card.
I ‘found’ two hearts in the die-cut. I made sure those two hearts would take centre stage and then I filled the rest of the card with random parts of the Pebbles outline.
3. Back several different colours of Shimmer Sheetz with Clear Double Sided Adhesive. I chose green, blue, yellow, silver and two shades of red for my card.
This project is perfect for using up Shimmer Sheetz scraps!
Die-cut the Shimmer Sheetz with the Pebbles die. You need to use the Metal Adaptor Plate or a Precision Base Plate to die-cut through Shimmer Sheetz.
4. Piece the ‘stained glass’ together. Start by filling the ‘hearts’ with red shades and then fill the rest of the Pebbles outlines alternating colours.
5. Ink the edges of the Pebbles outlines and the edges of the card with Black Soot Distress Ink. This makes the black even deeper, hides any visible white edges and it makes the Shimmer Sheetz stand out more.
After inking, carefully wipe any excess ink off the Shimmer Sheetz with a soft cloth.
6. Take the 3.75 x 5 inch Fitted Rectangle and die-cut the stained glass card into a neat and tidy rectangle.
7. Die-cut the slightly bigger 4 x 5,25 inch Stitched Rectangle out of Rich Black Soft Finish Cardstock and ink the edges with Black Soot Distress Ink.
Adhere the stained glass card on top of the Stitched Rectangle card with Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape and then adhere them to a 4.12 x 5.5 inch folded note card, also cut from a sheet of Rich Black Soft Finish Cardstock.
I love how this card turned out! The supershiny Shimmer Sheetz really looks stunning against the black velvet texture of the cardstock.
What figures can you find in the Pebbles die? My husband told me he could see a cat!
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Soft Finish Cardstock, Rich Black
Cuttlebug and Big Shot Metal Adaptor Plate
Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape – 3mm
Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape – 64mm
Black Soot Distress Ink (Ranger)
Ink blending tool