Hi there! It’s Marsha here again with a minimal but stylish idea to decorate your seasonal gifts.
Busy season has kicked in and I’m on the look-out for easy to do handmade projects that take minimal effort.
I was looking at a magazine and saw these beautiful gift tags with fresh greenery attached to them. I loved the idea, it’s easy to do, but you can’t really prepare this in advance, as the fresh leaves and berries won’t keep until the holidays. Unless… you make them out of paper!
The individual steps for these tags hardly take any time, so I think this is an excellent project you can do one step at a time, whenever you have a spare moment!
Here are the steps to create the tags:
1. Die-cut as many leaves and berry branches as you think you’ll need out of watercolour paper.
2. Colour the leaves and branches with watercolours. Leave the watercoloured die-cuts to dry completely.
Don’t have time to wait for paint to dry? Replace the watercolours with a colouring medium that is instantly dry, like alcohol markers, brush tip pens, or coloured pencils!
3. Die-cut as many tags as you think you’ll need out of your favourite cardstock.
4. Add Glossy Accents and/or Puffy Paint to the berries. Leave to dry completely.
Don’t have time to wait for the accents to dry? Replace them with Glitter Dots or self-adhesive crystals. Or… just skip this step!
5. Adhere the branches and leaves to the tags with small strips of washi tape.
6. Add some twine to the tags and use the tags to decorate your gifts or your home!
Watercolours (Winsor and Newton)
Glossy Accents (Ranger)
Puffy Paint White (Tulip)