Hi there crafty friends! It’s Debra
here today to share a quick and elegant Congratulations card for the newlywed lovebirds in your life. Do you find, as I do, that you are always in short supply of a beautiful wedding card for that special bride and groom? It’s easy to pick one up at the store but it’s just not the same as making one with all the love and affection you feel for the happy couple. Finding the time to make something special can be a challenge. That’s why today’s card is so easy you can make several to tuck away in your stash. Tip: If you know the bride and groom’s wedding colors you can change the card to match their special day.
Here are the instructions:
1. Cut a piece of light blue cardstock to 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, score and fold in half to form a standard A2 size card base. Cut another piece to 3 3/4 x 5 and emboss with the Curly Leaves Embossing Folder. Cut a piece of white cardstock to 4 x 5 1/4.
2. Adhere the embossed blue piece to the white piece. Adhere to the card base on foam adhesive for added dimension.
3. Adhere a piece of double sided adhesive sheet to a 3″ square of white cardstock. Remove release sheet and place one Crystal Flower Peel-off on top, sticky side up. Place cardstock with adhesive side down onto the release sheet. Remove release sheet and cover adhesive and Peel-off with Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter. Polish with your fingers. Brush off the excess glitter; return it to the jar for other projects. Cut out flower.
4.Adhere another piece of double sided adhesive to white cardstock 3 x 2 1/4. Peel off release sheet and cover adhesive with Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter. Polish with your fingers. Brush off the excess glitter; return it to the jar for other projects. Die cut two Bird silhouettes from this glittered piece of cardstock.
5. Cut two Bird overlays from darker blue cardstock.
6. Die cut 3 white and 2 darker blue leaf sets with the Curly Leaves die.
7. Assemble card as shown. Place Congratulations Peel-off to top of embossed card front about 1/2 inch from the top.
8. Adhere the bird overlays to the glittered bodies. Add a Blue/Silver Glitter Dot Peel-off to the eye of each bird. Adhere birds as shown. Overlap two circles from the Silver Crystal Flower Peel-off between the two birds’ beaks to represent wedding rings.
9. Adhere blue and white Curly Leaves die cuts to the bottom left corner of the card front. Adhere Crystal Flower using foam tape for dimension. Add one small silver dot from the Crystal Flower Peel-off sheet to the center of the Crystal Flower and your card is complete.
Here is another angle that shows how gorgeous the embossing is.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Elizabeth Craft Designs Products used:
E105 Curvy Leaves Embossing Folder
730 Curly Leaves Die
709 Birds Die
2579 Crystal Flowers Peel-offs in Silver
2578 Congratulations Large Peel-offs in Silver
641 Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter
Double Sided Adhesive
Other Supplies used: