Hi, it’s Kelly Booth here! I have always loved interactive cards. Now that I have grandchildren I love making them even more knowing that it makes them smile.
For today’s card I am going to show you how you can make a shaker card with less drying time by using the Elizabeth Craft Designs double sided adhesive instead of glue.
Here is the card front:
MAKE THE SHAKER:
1. Start with the main Ring Accordion die and the large circle die from the Spiral Circle Pull Card set. Cut both at once by securing them with removable tape. *Important: This tape will be left in place for Step 2 so that the two dies remain in the same position. You will only need the center ring from this cut and the ones made in Step 2.
2. Cut 4 more rings from ECD double sided adhesive using the same method shown in step 1.
Cut 2 from Green Fun foam and 1 from a piece of lime green cardstock backed with ECD double sided adhesive. You need to cut all of these before removing the tape (the tape that holds the 2 dies together) so all your circles are the same exact size.
3. Adhere the 2 fun foam rings with a double sided adhesive ring between them. Add a second double sided adhesive ring on top of the 2-layer ring.
4. Cut one Ring Accordion panel from light blue cardstock. You can use scraps as all you would need is the inner circle. Trim all edges around the circle once cut., then ink the bottom with distress ink creating a water look. Take a medium lotus flower peel-off and place it on a piece of White Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz and cut it out cutting away the stem. Put a little picce of ECD double sided adhesive on the back and adhere it to the water part of the circle towards the left side.
5. Place another ring of the ECD double sided adhesive on the back of your sandwiched fun foam and press it down on your inked circle with the lotus flower. Now add your beads and sequins to the center of the shaker and place another ring of the ECD double sided adhesive on top.
6. Cut one inner circle from clear acetate the same way as in step 4. Place this one on top of your fun foam circle that has the circle with ECD double sided adhesive on top. You have now sealed your shaker. I like the to finish of the edges of my shaker by putting a little liquid adhesive around the edges and wrap some twine around three times.
7. Cut 4 Ring Accordion panels from Lime green Cardstock. Before removing the die from the cardstock use a white gel pen to mark the stitched lines in each one.
8. Now take the green circle with the ECD double sided adhesive on it and peel the backing away being careful not to touch the adhesive. Cover adhesive with (635) Spring Peridot Silk Microfine Glitter and burnish it in with your fingers. Tap off excess glitter. You can now attach this to the front of your shaker by using little pieces of ECD double sided adhesive.
9. Hoppy the Frog (ECD/Karen Burniston Character die) is small enough to cut from scraps of cardstock. I used ink-splattered cardstock for the body and glittered cardstock for the lips
(Silk Microfine 614 True Red). The backing is black; I used black and white for the eyes. Position the completed Hoppy as shown in the photo, just to the side of the shaker.
CONSTRUCT THE CARD:
10. Take the four accordion panels cut in Step 7 and cut the centers out of two, leaving only the main circle. These will be put on the back of the card to cover the tabs and strengthen the rings.
11. Line up the large accent circle and the stitched circle from the Ring Accordion set onto the Light Blue cardstock and cut once. Cut a small white circle for the sentiment (I used a circle die from the Accordion Circle Card die set (769).
12. Place the two whole accordion panels in front of you with the tabs pointing to the right.
Attach the panels by adding a small piece of adhesive on the outer tab of the first panel.
Snip off the outer tab on the second panel (the one at the right). Turn the card over and adhere the extra stitched rings to the back, covering where the tab joins the panels. Make a valley fold.
13. Put some pieces of ECD double sided adhesive on the back of your shaker and place it on the right panel.
14. Place your Lt Blue Stitched circle to the front and the small white sentiment to the center using some foam mounting tape or pop dots to create dimension. I added a small Silk Microfine Glittered Heart to the sentiment using a die from Poppy the Owl.
15. Put a little piece of ECD Double sided adhesive on the small inner tab from the left panel to attach both inner circles. These inner circles will form a mountain fold. You can snip off the small inner tab from the right panel. Take the inner circles you cut from the backing circles and place them on the back side covering up the small tabs and giving the card a finished look.
Thank you so much for stopping by today, I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial!
Elizabeth Craft Designs products:
904 Ring Accordion
916 Spiral Circle pull Card
911 Props 1
909 Hoppy The Frog
910 Poppy The Owl
769 Accordion Circle Card
2515 Lotus Flower Peel-off Sticker
614 True Red – Silk Microfine Glitter
635 Spring Peridot – Silk Microfine Glitter
501 5×12″ 5 pack Double Sided Adhesive
SS0102 White Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz – 3 pack
Lime green and light blue cardstock
Scraps of red, black, white and green cardstock
White Gel Pen
Salty Ocean Distress Ink Pad
Black dye Ink Pad
Blue and white twisted twine
Die cutting machine
Foam mounting tape or Pop Dots