Hello Crafty Friends.
Recently a very good friend of mine celebrated her birthday and I wanted to create a card that was bright, beautiful and inspiring. The quote “Our birthdays are feathers…” in Suzanne Cannon’s Happy Birthday Collection stamp set was perfect for the card front!
- Create a top-fold card base from black cardstock.
- Die cut patterned paper using the Stitched Rectangles die that closely fits the card base while leaving a narrow border.
- Die cut corners from blue patterned paper.
- Stamp quote onto white cardstock using black ink. Stamp balloons using colors to coordinate with patterned paper. Die cut using Stitched Rectangles die.
- Cut black cardstock to mat stamped quote. Mount onto patterned paper.
- Mount corners onto mat stack using liquid adhesive, folding and gluing the tabs to the back of the patterned paper. (Alternatively, trim off the tabs.) Mount to card front.
- Create triple bow using coordinating ribbon and mount to card front using liquid adhesive or instead of wet glue use small snippets of a Tombow Xtreme Adhesive Tab.
The card came together rather quickly and the results were bold and beautiful. My friend loved it!
Thank you for stopping by. I do hope you enjoyed the birthday card!
Have a happy, crafty day,
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Graphic 45 patterned papers (Artisan Style)
Black and white card stock
Ink: Black plus coordinating ink(s) for balloons
Hello Crafty Friends!
Can you believe it is February already? Time is flying in 2018! Although time is flying by, I have made sure to take the time to unwind and happily craft away. It feels great to create as I forget about the snow on the ground and the shorter days. Coming home when it is dark is not a problem when I think of the bright light on my craft table!
This week I created a card using a stamp from Suzanne Cannon’s Love & Hearts Collection. What a sweet quote! Would you like to make a similar card? Well, grab a cup of warm tea or coffee and enjoy the instructions.
Hello to all!
It is Anita here. Today, I have some fun gift boxes for you to make. Gifting is an essential part of our lives and if done beautifully, it leaves fond memories.
Elizabeth Craft Designs has some wonderful dies that can be used to make boxes in a variety of shapes. I am going to feature the Pillow Box with Handle.
I have used a variety of dies to cut the embellishments. The possibilities are endless.
Good Morning. This is Selma Stevenson today to show you how to create a pretty Lace Pocket card that will hold either a gift card or money. This pocket was embellished with a small branch of Susan’s Garden Dogwoods. Here is how the pocket was created for the front of the card.
Welcome to our first Susan’s Garden Design Team Designer Challenge. Some of you asked for this challenge earlier in the year and we are so happy to finally be able to include it.
Susan Tierney-Cockburn designs flower dies that are realistic, just like those we find in nature, and they are scaled so they can be used together in bouquets. For our first challenge let’s celebrate with flowers! Create a card/project anything you want as long as it includes one or more of Susan’s Garden flowers.
For our Challenge today we are giving away a Susan’s Garden Prize Pack which includes: Garden Notes Square Window & Flower Box, Sunflower 2 and an All Metal Tool Kit to 3 winners.
To enter, simply leave a comment on this blog post below and answer this question: What is your favorite flower from the Garden Notes collection?
We will select 3 lucky winners in a random drawing.
The winners will be announced on Friday, July 14th, here on the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog.