Hi everyone, it’s Annette Green today with Susan’s Garden Design Team. Even though Florida is rather hot and humid this time of year, it’s Fall in my craft room. While strolling through my local craft store the other day, I came across realistic-looking scented candles with battery-operated wicks. This is what inspired me for my project today.
Hello everyone, it’s Annette Green from the Susan’s Garden Club Design Team here today to share a special birthday card for my Mom. I was in the mood for fall, so I created a flower pot filled with fall flowers. Garden Notes ‘Potted’, ‘Marigold’ and ‘Aster’ are brand new dies from the Summer 2016 release!
Check out Susan Tierney-Cockburn’s video tutorial on the Garden Notes Aster HERE.
Hello, everyone! It’s Els here and I’m having such a great week that I wanted to share it with you – so not a project and instructions today, but with news from here in Colorado…
Our daughter Joset and granddaughter Annika are visiting. It’s been so much fun watching the two together, and Joep and I are very hands-on – tons of cuddling and stories. Annika even eats black beans, inspiring me to branch out and try new foods so she doesn’t get ahead of me when it comes to adventurous eating habits!
Joset’s here for work, too. We’re taping YouTube videos. Susan Tierney-Cockburn arrived on Sunday to tape tutorials for her new release as well. We’ve got a full house, just the way we like it! Both Joset and Susan will also be guest hosting Technique Friday with Els. We may not sleep at all!
Meanwhile, we hope you’ve already taken a gander at the new releases from Susan and from Karen Burniston. We know you’ll find a zillion must-haves. We’re including some projects here to spark your muse. And be sure to head over to their Facebook pages and blogs so you don’t miss out on a single thing! Karen is posting a YouTube video tutorial every day for a week to showcase her collection.
Created by Karen Aicken
Created by Selma Stevenson
And I’m excited to announce that the wonderful new collection of dies and stamps from Joset Designs is going to be revealed on August 11th (yes, this is a proud mother speaking) along with Suzanne Cannon’s latest ‘A Way With Words’ dies.
My own Els van de Burgt Studio release will follow on August 25th.
Our design team and guest designers are busily creating projects and writing instructions. Stay tuned! This is going to be a very active and fun-filled time on the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog and the YouTube Channel as well!
Speaking of active and fun-filled, Annika is ready to go outside and play, and so am I!
Created by Mary Dimercurio Prasad for the Susan Tierney-Cockburn Design Team
Happy Fall! This is Mary with a colorful Fall card. The leaves are so fun to make! Google “Fall leaves” for many beautiful examples you can use as models for your leaves.
Making the Card
1. Cut a piece of bright yellow-orange cardstock 4 1/4 x 11 inches (half of an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet). Fold in half. Optional: add a piece of leaf paper to the inside flap (you could also stamp leaves and color them). With the card closed, place main die at opening (across from fold) and cut. Trim both sides. Open card; on front side of card, line up leaves decorator die with hole and die cut.
2. Die cut a set of Woodland Leaves from white cardstock. Color using PanPastels. Draw veins with colored pencils. Use a fixative before shaping (this is optional but will prevent some of the color from coming off onto the pad). Shape each leaf using Metal Tool Set and molding pad. Add more color if necessary.
3. Stamp quote All Things of Nature in black ink on light yellow cardstock. Using label decorator die from Katie Label Pivot Card, center and die cut quote. Use Distress Inks and ink blending tool to decorate edges of label. (Optionally you could use PanPastels; be sure to use fixative.)
4. Adhere leaves, label (dimensional tape), sequins, and buttons as shown.
5. Dye seam binding ribbon with Distress Inks. Tie ribbon through back tag hole and twine through front tag hole as shown.
- 953 – Tags & More 3 – Leaves
- 1092 – Susan’s Garden – Woodland Leaves
- RS010 All Things of Nature
- 768 – Katie Label Pivot Card (Label Die)
- Susan’s Garden PanPastels: Flower Coloring Kits 1, 2, and 3
- 808 Susan’s Garden 4pcs. All metal Tool Set in Luxury Case
- 810 Large Molding Pad (6.5″ X 12″/16.5mm X 30mm)
- Cardstock: Bright Yellow-Orange, White, Light Yellow
- Black Ink
- Distress Ink: Barn Door, Spiced Marmalade, Wild Honey, Mustard Seed, Mowed Lawn, Peeled Paint
- Ink Blending Tool
- Colored Pencils (e.g. Prismacolor)
- Seam Binding Ribbon
- Dimensional Tape