Hi It’s Kelly Booth, Happy New Year to you all! I have a fun project to show you today using the brand new ModaScrap Triangle Box die. I also used ModaScrap Patterned Cardstock and the #1020 Hydrangea by Susan Tierney-Cockburn!
Hi It’s Kelly Booth. I’m here to show you one of my favorite ways of coloring using the Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape and Cool or Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter. Please note that the Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter contains cooler sparkles in it, which gives you a better result in seeing the colors of your image under the glitter than when using Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter.
I’m using one of the Sweet Birds from the new Feather Friends stamp set for my card and will show you a few others created with the same technique.
Hi, It’s Kelly Booth here. One of my favorite things about making cards yourself is that you can customize them to specific colors. I had a wedding to go to and loved that I could give them a card made in their special colors.
Today I’m using the new Anita Frames Pop Up die set just released by Karen Burniston for the wedding card. Other dies we will be using are the new Circles & Label set, the Wedding Charms set, Stitched Squares, Poppy The Owl (tiny heart), Petit Flourish Stage it Stencil, and the Best Wishes Clear Stamps.
Here is my card front:
The card opened up:
Hi Kelly Booth here, I’ve recently been inspired by all the Springtime flowers popping up all over and so I decided to make a birthday card using some colorful flowers using the tiny flower from the Fence Pop Stand die set, Lucky the Rabbit and the Hanging Charm Pull Tab die set. I also used some paper from Through The Lens – Wood , the Flower Stage It Stencil , Lucky Birthday clear stamps and the Stitched Rectangles die set.
Hi It’s Kelly Booth
One of my very favorite things to do with cardstock that has a white core (White on one side and colored on the other) such as the New colored Soft Finish Cardstock, is to emboss it and then lightly sand the surface. I am just loving all the fun colors of the Soft Finish Cardstock so thought I would play with this favorite technique of mine.
Here is the front of the card with fun colors and Happy Balloons!
And the inside with more of the embossed and sanded cardstock around the Happy Birthday Pop Up:
It’s Kelly Booth here with a sparkly fun coffee card using new dies and a stencil from Karen Burniston! I’m a big fan of coffee and am loving all the possibilities of the new Cup Pop Stand and the Stage it Stencils. I just can’t put them down….
Here is how the card looks when it’s closed and ready to be mailed:
And here it is when opened up:
Kelly Booth here with a fun card using the new Paisley ‘Stage it Stencil’ and the Hanging Charm Pull Tab die set by Karen Burniston. I watched Karen teach a similar card at CHA and was so inspired by her.
This is the card I created for today!
Hi, It’s Kelly Booth here today with a cheerful way to send a thank you.
We all need thank you cards, especially this time of year, and this is a fun one using some *new* Elizabeth Craft Designs dies created by Joset van de Burgt and one of my favorite Accordion die sets; the Fancy Label, by Karen Burniston.
Here is the card in the closed position:
And here is the card opened up!
The back of the card:
Start by gathering the dies you will need for this project: (1149 Strawberries), (771) Accordion Fancy Label , (907) Fancy Seasons Frame Edges, and (1096) Flourish Gift Frame (for the thanks)
You’ll also need some other Elizabeth Craft Designs supplies:
- Using a small piece of Soft Finish Cardstock about 2″ by 4″ place a piece of Double-Sided Adhesive on the smooth side. Peel up the liner on the adhesive, cover with Chocolate Silk Microfune Glitter and polish the glitter really well into the adhesive. Place Double-Sided Adhesive on the back of the glittered piece and cut the chocolate strawberry dips. Cover them with Glossy Accents to make them appear wet and shiny like real chocolate and set aside to dry.
- Cut three pieces of Soft Finish Cardstock 4.25″ by 8.5″ and place double sided adhesive on the smooth side of each piece. Cut (16) polka dot Frame edges, (2) of the larger decorator labels, (2) labels using the Accordion die itself (snip the connection points and tabs to leave just the labels themselves), and (2) strawberry overlays. Emboss the 2 large labels with the Lots of Dots embossing folder.
- Place Double-Sided Adhesive onto a scrap of red and cut the “thanks” from the Flourish Gift Frame set.
4. Die Cut the following pieces without adhesive on the back.
5. Color the strawberry leaves, detail strawberries, stems, and solid strawberries with markers. (I used Copics and then textured a little with a rag and some Blending fluid.
6. Adhere the Frame Edges around the two front pages leaving even spacing on both sides of the frame. Adhere the embossed labels to the center of each page. Snip off the long side tab on the right page. Decorate the right page with the red “thanks” referring to the photos for placement. Use a pop dot or foam tape under the small white label. Assemble the small strawberry and attach it to the raised white label as shown.
7. Place the colored strawberry leaves on the first page using liquid adhesive. Assemble the large strawberry and adhere in the position shown using foam tape adhesive.
8. Attach the two pages to each other using tape on the long side tab on the outer frame of the first page. Turn the album over and add the remaining 8 Frame Edges to the back of the album, which will disguise the tab that was used to connect the pages.
9. Using liquid adhesive on the two small tabs, join the two inner panels together. Train the card to fold correctly as shown in the photos. Remove the liner from the white labels and place them onto the back of the card matching up the Fancy Label shape. (This helps make the card sturdier and also helps support the tabs underneath.
Your card is now finished! I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial. Thank you for stopping by the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog today!
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies:
Die Cutting Machine
Ranger Glossy Accents
Copic Markers & Blending Fluid, plus a rag