Hey Crafters! Katelyn here, sharing with you my Winter Wishes Christmas Card. The inspiration came from Joset Designs Penguin Die. With that element of my card figured out, I added more with dies from Joset Designs and Els van de Burgt Studio to finish it off. I hope that you enjoy my tutorial!
1. Choose a piece of patterned paper from the ModaScrap: Unconventional Xmas Paper Pack. Die cut the 4″ Stitched Fishtail. (Note how the pattern runs lengthwise along the long side of the Fishtail.) Place the 3″ Garden Notes – Frame It – Stitched Circle die in the middle of the banner and cut the opening. Ink the edges of the banner using Black Soot Distress Oxide Ink and a blending tool with foam. *For all upcoming steps where color is blended on edges or die cuts, use a blending tool with foam.
2. Cut a piece of White Soft Finish Cardstock that measures 1 1/2″ x 4″. Place the scalloped Stitched Fishtail Borders at the bottom of the cardstock piece; die cut as shown above. Ink the edges with Black Soot Distress Oxide Ink.
3. Choose two other patterned paper pieces from the ModaScrap: Unconventional Xmas. Die cut the 4 1/2″ Dashing Rectangle from one piece, cut the 4″ Dashing Rectangle from the other piece. Ink the edges of both rectangles with Black Soot Distress Oxide Ink.
4. Using dies from the Words 5 – Winter Wishes, cut the Winter Wishes sentiment from White Soft Finish Cardstock. Blend Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide Ink over the entire surface of both words.
5. The next few steps are all about the Penguin. To start, die cut all of the penguin elements from White Soft Finish Cardstock. Leave the body of the penguin white. Die cut three snowflakes and add a small Transparent/Gold Glitter Dot to the middle of each one.
6. Blend Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide Ink over the entire surface of the scarf.
7. Blend Squeezed Lemonade Distress Oxide Ink over the entire surface of the feet and nose.
8. Blend Black Soot Distress Oxide Ink over the entire surface of the large body and arms.
9. Adhere the 4″ dashing rectangle to the 4 1/2″ dashing rectangle.
10. Adhere the scallop fishtail border to the bottom of the stitched fishtail. Use foam squares to adhere the stitched fishtail onto the 4″ dashing rectangle.
11. Assemble the penguin. Glue pieces as shown.
12. Adhere the penguin into the middle of the circle.
13. Adhere the Winter Wishes sentiment at the bottom of the penguin. Adhere the three snowflakes as desired around the stitched fishtail.
14. Cut cardstock for a card base to 4 1/2″ x 11 1/2″; score at 5 3/4″ and fold in half. Adhere the card front to the card base.
Thanks for joining me today. I hope that I’ve inspired you to create your own version of my Winter Wishes Christmas Card.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
- Distress Oxide Ink in Black Soot, Squeezed Lemonade and Peacock Feathers
- Blending Tool with Foam