Hello Crafty Friends!
Spring is in full swing here in Nova Scotia. The birds are happily tweeting, the squirrels are playing, and my garden flowers are starting to poke up through the soil. Spring is so beautiful! I love this time of year.
The beauty of spring and the promises of summer inspired the card I am sharing today. The card uses the gorgeous Flourished Frame die and You Were Born with Greatness Clear Stamp set from Suzanne Cannon’s A Way With Words collection.
1. Create a 5 x 3.5 top-fold card base from green cardstock.
2. Cut and mat ivory paper to front and back of card base.
3. Cut 2 patterned papers and mount to front and back of card base, touching the center fold and leaving a narrow mat border at the left, right, and bottom.
4. Stamp quote onto ivory paper using black ink, making sure that the quote is positioned on the bottom half of the piece so the words will be below the fold line as shown in the photo below. Allow ink to dry. Die cut using frame die. Set aside the outer frame for another project. Use the center section for this card.
5. Stamp butterflies onto ivory die cut as shown. (They look upside down when the piece is flat, but will fly right side up when it’s folded – the butterflies are going to appear on the back of the card!) Air dry. Use a score board to score and fold across the middle. While the card is folded shut, mount the stamped piece.
6. Die cut frame again, this time using green cardstock. Set aside the inside piece for another project. Fold green frame in half and mount it as shown.
7. Create double-loop ivory bow and adhere at the left side of the card front.
Isn’t it a happy card? Love the quote and the gorgeous calligraphy! (And the fact that the card is beautiful on both sides…)
Thank you for stopping by!
Have a happy, crafty day.
Other product used:
Green and ivory card stock
Black Archival Ink (Ranger Ink)
Patterned paper (Authentique)