Hey Crafters! Katelyn here, sharing with you my Birthday Wishes Card. Spring has sprung and has definitely inspired me when it comes to creating fun and bright birthday cards. Using a variety of dies from Joset Designs, ModaScrap and Els van de Burgt Studio, my card came together quickly. I hope you enjoy my tutorial!
1. Using the 2 3/4″ and 3 1/4″ Dashing Circle dies, cut the larger circle from Beautiful Seasons patterned paper and the smaller from White Soft Finish Cardstock. Use a blending tool with foam to ink the edges of the circles using Vintage Photo Distress Ink. *For all remaining steps, when it says ‘ink the edges’ you will be using the blending tool with foam and the specified ink.
2. Using the Stitched Fishtail Banners dies, cut the 3/4″ banner from patterned paper (same pack as step 1) and the 1 1/8″ banner from White Soft Finish Cardstock. Ink the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.
3. Die cut the 4 3/4″ Dashing Square from Wood Effects paper. Ink the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.
4. Die cut the 5 1/4″ Dashing Square from floral patterned paper. Ink the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.
5. Using Birthday Wishes dies from Words 1 – Celebration die set, cut the words from White Soft Finish Cardstock. Blend Tattered Rose Distress Oxide Ink over each word. Spritz the words with a bit of water and set them aside to dry.
6. Choose a flower die from the Small Flower Set. Die cut the flower nine times from White Soft Finish Cardstock. Die cut 3 flower centers from White Soft Finish Cardstock. Blend Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide Ink over each flower and the centers. Spritz with a bit of water. Set aside to dry.
7. Choose a second flower from the same die set. Cut it six times from White Soft Finish Cardstock Also cut two centers. Blend Tattered Rose Distress Oxide Ink over each flower and the centers. Spritz with a bit of water. Set aside to dry.
8. Die cut the medium leaf from the Trio of Leaves die set ten times from White Soft Finish Cardstock. Use a paint brush, water and the Peacock Scribble Stick to paint each of the leaves. Set aside to dry.
9. Repeat step 8, this time with the small leaf (die cut five).
10. Adhere the 4 3/4″ wood patterned paper piece to the 5 1/4″ floral patterned paper piece.
11. Adhere the 3/4″ Stitched Fishtail Banner to the 1 1/8″ Stitched Fishtail Banner. Adhere the 1 1/8″ Stitched Fishtail Banner in the middle of the card front and all the way to the left edge of the floral patterned paper square.
12. Adhere the 2 3/4″ Dashing Circle to the 3 1/4″ Dashing Circle. Adhere to the center of the card front using foam squares for dimension.
13. Adhere the greeting the center of the circle. Arrange and adhere five of the medium leaves around the top half of the circle, the other five around the bottom. Add a second layer of leaves, slightly offset, to complete the wreath.
14. Adhere the small leaves over the larger ones as shown in the photo above.
15. Adhere the Tattered Roses flowers together in groups of three to create two full flowers. Adhere the Worn Lipstick flowers together in groups of three to create three full flowers. Arrange and adhere the completed flowers so they are grouped as shown in the photo above
16. To complete the card, cut cardstock to 5 1/4″ x 10 1/2″; score at 5 1/4″, fold in half to form a square top-fold card base. Adhere the finished panel to the card base.
Thanks for joining me today! I hope that I’ve inspired you to create your own version of my Birthday Wishes Card.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Distress Ink in Vintage Photo
Distress Oxide Ink in Tattered Rose and Worn Lipstick
Blending Tool with Foam
Scribble Sticks in Ocean and Peacock