Hi friends, it’s Sandy here today with a fun invitation. I made this tag to invite a friend that I haven’t seen in a while to come over for coffee. The cute coffee cup and cake are on the front, all the information is written on the back. I plan to mail it – it fits perfectly in an A6 envelope.
The finished size of this tag is 4.25″ X 6.5″.
- Cut a piece of 8.5″ x 11″ White Soft Finish Cardstock in half lengthwise (4.25″ x 11″). Cut the top with the Tags & More 7 – Vine die for the shape. Then trim the tag to 6.5″ long.
2. Using the Teacup die and the Cake die, cut all pieces needed from White Soft Finish Cardstock except for the cup. Die cut the cup from patterned paper. Before die cutting the icing and whipped cream pieces, add Clear Double Sided Adhesive to the front side.
3. To add sparkle to the icing and whipped cream pieces, remove the protective sheet to expose the adhesive and cover with Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter. Brush off excess and return to the jar. Polish with a fingertip to bring out the maximum sparkle.
4. Cut one Dashing Rectangle, blend with ink at the edges. Stamp ‘You, me, coffee.’ at the upper right corner. (The stamp is from the Home Sweet Home Clear Stamp Set. ) “You, me, Coffee”.
5. Adhere stamped rectangle to tag.
6. Using a color blending tool and dye inks, add color to all of the die cut pieces. Layer and adhere the cake, plate, cup, saucer, fork and half of a small doily, as shown. Add dimension beneath the cake and fork with foam tape.
7. Add ribbons to the top, write your message on the back, and the tag is ready to mail.
Hope you have enjoyed this tutorial!
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Pink, yellow and sage dye inks
Patterned paper for the cup