Hello, y’all crafters. Happy Thursday! This is Siqi with my very first blog post for Elizabeth Craft Designs. As Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, I wanted to create a love card not only for our beloved other half but also all the people that we love in our lives so I came up with this card design which features a very passionate red color scheme and elements that sparkle with glitter.
Step 1 – Cut down a piece of vellum to 4.25″ x 5.5″.
- Color the whole panel with three Copic Markers in three shades of a color. (Red to represent love was used here. It is fine if the colors do not blend together at this point.)
- Use a cotton swab soaked with rubbing alcohol to dab the whole panel to create the bloom effect.
Step 2 – When the vellum panel is dry, use the second largest rectangle die from the Stitched Rectangles die set to die cut the panel.
Step 3 – Use the second and third largest rectangle dies from the Stitched Rectangles die set to die cut a frame from White Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Adhere the frame and the vellum panel together using Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape.
Step 4 – Using Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape, adhere the whole panel onto a White Soft Finish Cardstock A2 size top-folding card base (4 1/4 inches x 5 1/2 inches).
Step 5 – Cover a piece of White Soft Finish Cardstock with Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape. Die cut it using the gramophone from the Vintage Gentleman die set so that the adhesive is on the front of the die cut. Peel off the release paper to expose the adhesive and cover with Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter. Brush off excess and return it to the jar. Polish the glitter into the adhesive using your fingertip to bring out the maximum sparkle.
- Die cut three more gramophone pieces out of White Soft Finish Cardstock and adhere them together so that the glittered image is on the top. (This adds dimension!)
- Adhere the gramophone onto the card front, angled as shown.
Step 6 – White heat-emboss the sentiment “sent with love” from the Valentine’s Sentiments Clear Stamp set onto a strip of Rich Black Soft Finish Cardstock. (Note: “sent with” is one stamp. The “love” word was cut off another stamp “love is all you need” in the same set. If you don’t wish to cut your stamps, mask the rest of the words in this sentiment before inking.)
- Cut the sentiment into a banner shape. Use foam tape at the left end and Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the right end to adhere the sentiment.
Step 7 – Add some iridescent sequins and seed beads here and there to embellish.
Making a white die cut piece the focal point is my favorite way to put together a card. The glitter just adds more interest and catches the eye. You can easily change the color scheme and use a different die and sentiment to make it fit other occasions as well. I hope you like today’s card idea and find it inspiring. Hope to see you next time.
Elizabeth Craft Designs: