I’m here to show you my very first post for the Design Team. I would like you to know that I’m super excited and I hope to inspire some of you.
As I told you in my introduction, I really appreciate being in contact so please ask me whatever you want.
For this post, I’ve used two new products from the ModaScrap Release.
The triangle box is perfect for small gifts and party favors. The card is easy to make, just one die needed..
Instructions for the Triangle Box:
- Die cut the box from Kraft brown cardstock. Fold along the score lines and assemble the box, using Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape to hold the sides in place.
2. Color a piece of manila cardstock with Distress Oxide inks to crate a colorful background for the flowers. Use the Romantic Flowers die to cut White Soft Finish Cardstock. Fussy-cut one flower. Using the Susan’s Garden – Dogwood 2 die set, cut the leaves.
3. Using a small circle from the Dashing Circles die set, cut dark brown cardstock. Punch a hole at the top. Add the flower and leaves to the circle.
4. Insert twine into the hole at the top of the box, loop around the notch at the tip of the box to create the closure, thread the twine through the hole in the circle and tie with a bow as shown in the photo below.
Instructions for the card:
- Use the same inks to create a Distress Oxide inked background. Die cut the Romantic Flowers from White Soft Finish Cardstock. Lay the die cut piece over the heavily inked background and trace. Cut along the traced lines and glue the die cut piece to cut out backgound.
- Optional (as shown): Before gluing the die cut piece to the background, Make a second Distress Oxide inked background piece to position behind ONLY the leaf-shaped openings to give a pop of green. Then glue the shaped background piece from step 1 in place.
3. Splatter coral ink onto the surface of the floral layer as shown above. Option: Skip the splatters and leave it bright white.
4. Adhere the lace piece to the front of a square top-fold card base with foam tape to add dimension.
I hope you like my card and box projects and if you make your own versions, please let me know. (Join the Elizabeth Craft Designs Family Facebook page if you’d like to share your card.)
Happy Crafty Day!
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Cardstock – Kraft, manila, white, dark brown
Distress Oxide inks in shades of yellow, coral, orange and green