Hi Everyone, it’s Tina here today from the Die Cut Team. This is my last post so be sure to go to my blog and follow me if you want to continue seeing more Elizabeth Craft Designs ideas from me. Below is a Holiday card that can be used as a New Year’s card or for those last minute cards you need to make.
- Step 1 – Cut White Soft Finish Cardstock to 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″. Score and fold in half to form a horizontal side-fold card base. Finished size: 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ (A2)
- Step 2 – Add a background trimmed to 4″ x 5 1/4″. It can be a patterned paper or Do It Yourself Background. I did a Do It Yourself Background by applying Distress Oxide Inks with an ink applicator directly to a White Soft Finish Cardstock. Once the inks are applied I sprayed some water to create a snowy background. Let dry and then adhere to card using 3mm Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape.
- Step 3 – Die cut Snowglobe Scene using a solid color cardstock in the following colors: White for the hills, green and white for the trees, brown for the house, yellow to back the house (to look like the lights are on inside!). Adhere first hill using 3mm Clear Double Sided Adhesive. The 2nd top hill will have the sentiment so Stamp Winter Sentiments Clear Stamp using black ink. Adhere it with foam tape to add dimension. Trim the white trees and adhere to the top of the green trees to create the look of snow-capped trees. Adhere largest tree with 3mm Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape and the remaining trees with foam tape so the trees will pop. Adhere the yellow piece behind the house to create the light effect and then adhere using foam tape.
- Step 4 – Die cut the snowflakes using the snowflakes die from the Snowglobe Scene die set using Shimmer Sheetz Metallic Silver backed with Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape prior to die cutting. Adhere the snowflakes randomly to bottom half of the card. REMINDER: A metal adaptor plate or Big Shot machine with Precision Base Plate is REQUIRED for die cutting Shimmer Sheetz. Review Els van de Burgt’s YouTube video tutorial if you are new to this technique. The Shimmer Sheetz goes FACE UP on the metal plate, the cutting die goes FACE DOWN on top of the SS, and then the machine’s usual cutting plate goes on top last.
- Step 5 – Die cut Berry Branch from Brown cardstock. Add Crystal Nuvo Drops to each of the berries and set aside to dry. Cut the branch to fit the space and adhere to the left side of the house.
Below is a link to all Elizabeth Craft Designs Products, along with a list of additional supplies.
Thanks for stopping by!
Supplies: Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Other: Distress Oxide Ink Crystal Nuvo Drops (Violet Galaxy)