Hello my crafty friends!
Today’s post for Susan’s Garden Design Team is a simple little Christmas card. Although Susan has some new releases which are wonderful I have used an older release for the simple reason I was going on vacation and there had not been a release date. In order to have a post ready in time I went ahead and started this card before I left for vacation finishing on my return but have already started working on a card using some of Susan’s new releases which I will post soon.
Here is how this card was created.
- Card Base: Cut White Soft Finish Cardstock 5-1/2″ X 11″ score at 5-1/2″ fold on score line. Using the Fitted Circles die set place largest die on folded cardstock making sure die is just above fold (very important to have die above fold) allowing about 2″ hinge when cut. Run through die cutting machine.
- From blue patterned paper (blue vellum used here) cut 1 fitted circle using next to largest Fitted Circles Die set. Using Kids Choice Glue just around outer edge (if using vellum) adhere to card front.
- Create a piece of red glitter cardstock by cover a piece of White Soft Finish Cardstock with Clear Double Sided Adhesive on top and covering the adhesive with True Red Silk Microfine Glitter. Cut circle using largest of Fitted Circle dies . Cut small hole in center then tear away paper all around leaving 3/4″ – 1″ around outer edge.
- Using Kids Choice Glue add all around torn opening sprinkle with Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter let dry. Adhere to card front using Kids Choice Glue around the outer edges.
- While glue is drying cut and build snowman. From White Soft Finish Cardstock you can cut everything then color with markers or use small scrap pieces of paper to cut those items. Mine was created using scraps of colored cardstock. Assemble using Kids Choice Glue. From green cardstock cut tree using Susan’s Woods 4 Evergreens and Trimmings set and 4 small holly leaves using Susan’s Garden Notes Holiday Holly & Berries shape holly leaves using Susan’s 4 pc Tool Kit with leaf pad and molding mat. From white Soft Finish Cardstock tear two mounds of snow that will fit inside opening. Using Kids Choice Glue dab it on all areas that you would like to have snowy / icy look. Sprinkle Cool diamond Silk Microfine Glitter over glue let dry.
- Using Kids Choice Glue attach snowman, tree and snow mounds inside opening.
- Adhere Holly leaves top and bottom of opening using photo as guide for placement. Berries are Red Pearl Pen but could be made using Nuvo Crystal Drops also.
- Using Suzanne Cannon’s Let It Snow die set, cut from glitter card created by using Black Silk Microfine Glitter as you did in step 3 for the red glitter card. Adhere to card front.
- Ornament top is cut silver mirror paper 1-1/2″ by 1-1/4″. On back of paper, trace partially around 3/4″diameter die (but nickel would work) then rounded shoulders to take sharpness away. Hand cut top. Hole was punched using 1//2″ punch. Score lines in top 1/8″ apart. Do this on back side of paper. Attach to back of card at fold using Kids Choice Glue.
I do hope you have enjoyed this tutorial today and it has inspired you to go create.
Until next time – Happy Crafting!
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Red and Black Glitter Paper
Silver Mirror paper
Scraps of various colored cardstock
Papericious Frosting Powder
White Drying Glue