Hi Artlings! It’s Suzanne here today with a suggestion for a way to expand your use of the Love Joy & Peace Christmas Ornament! Let’s make it into a flourished frame, suitable to use for any occasion, not just Christmas.
Here is how we do it!
- Form a 6 x 6” tent-fold card base from red cardstock. Cut a 5 x 5” panel from white cardstock with Clear Double Sided Adhesive on the front side. Remove the release paper and apply Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter to the adhesive surface and rub with your finger to bring out the sparkle.
- Die cut two flourished ornaments from the Love Joy & Peace Christmas Ornament set from white cardstock which has Clear Double Sided Adhesive on the front. Cut Joy once from white cardstock with Clear Double Sided Adhesive on the front. Make sure when you die cut that the adhesive is on the front!
- Remove the release paper from Joy and apply Bright Cranberry Silk Microfine Glitter to the surface. Rub gently with your finger to bring out the sparkle.
- Remove the release paper from the front of one ornament diecut, sprinkle on Silver Silk Microfine Glitter and rub the surface. Trim the other ornament as shown in the photograph and sprinkle glitter over most of the surface – just enough that it’s easy to handle – and position it under the full ornament. Once positioned, press into place and finish applying glitter to the whole surface. Rub to bring out the sparkle. You’ve just created a frame which no longer looks like a Christmas ornament!
- Use small rolled pieces of Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape to adhere your new frame to the 5 x 5” panel. Do the same for the Joy diecut. Adhere this panel with foam adhesive to the card base.
It’s that easy!
You can go on to experiment with other colours and cardstocks as well as sentiments. The sentiments don’t have to fit perfectly inside the circle, they can lay on top.
Here is how I took the frame one step further by placing an additional set of frames (covered in gold glitter) angled at 90 degrees over the first set. I substituted “for you” from the Just For You die set.
Have fun experimenting! Create without limits! Suzanne
Elizabeth Craft Designs: