Hello Crafty Friends! Kathy Jo stopping by to share a card created using two beautiful new dies designed by the talented Suzanne Cannon. Have you seen her new release this week? She has created some amazing dies…and stamps! I have been using Suzanne’s gorgeous calligraphy stamps for years and it is fantastic news that Elizabeth Craft Designs is now offering Suzanne Cannon stamp sets. Woo-who!
The card I am sharing today uses the new “Soar” die and Butterfly Flourish die set. (The sets are perfect together!)
- Create 4.5″ x 6″ top-fold card from green cardstock. Cut patterned paper smaller than 4.5″ x 6″ and mount using Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape. Cut red and ivory solid color cardstock and mount together. Wrap the red and cream layered rectangle with a vertical band of white ribbon at the left side. Mount this panel to the card front using foam tape for dimension.
- Die cut “Soar” and butterfly flourish from gold cardstock. Die cut butterflies from green cardstock and patterned papers. Die cut “Soar” from white cardstock. Mount to card front using liquid adhesive. For butterflies, only apply adhesive to the back of the butterfly body. Gently bend wings around your finger to give the wings a 3D appearance.
- Add pearls to butterfly bodies.
- Create a double-loop bow from white ribbon, wrap and tie with red twine. Mount to card front.
- If desired, layer and adhere coordinating papers or cardstock to the interior of the card as shown in the photo below.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Patterned papers (Graphic 45’s Nature Sketchbook)
Car stock (white, green, gold metallic)