Playing in the snow is so much fun! Hello, this is Selma Stevenson today with a cute winter card created with one of the new Krista Schneider clear stamp sets.
1. Start with a six-inch top- or side-fold card base.
2. Cut a piece of White Soft Finish Cardstock cut 5 1/2 inches square. Use the Earth & Sky Stencil and sponge on blue ink over the cloud stencil to cover the upper half of the card, creating clouds.
3. Use the Skis die set to cut two mountains. Attach the mountains over the cloudy sky.
4. Use the CountryScapes Mountain die set to cut three slopes to be layered under the mountains. Cut the trees off one to use where the large penguin is sledding.
5. Use the Adventure Edges die set to cut one edge piece, used between the other snow banks. .
6. Color the pine trees with medium of choice. Layer two of the snow banks with the pine trees right under the mountains.
7. Layer the other snow banks across the lower section. Optional: BEFORE adding the snow banks to the card front – To create the look of snow sparkling in the sunshine, add glue to the edges of the snowbanks and mountains, sprinkle with Cool Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter. Once the glue has dried, rub the glitter with your fingertip to bring out the maximum sparkle. Return excess glitter to the jar.
8. Stamp, color and die cut the two penguins. Adhere the penguins with double sided dimensional tape, as shown.
9. Use black ink to stamp the sentiment in the lower left corner of the card front panel.
10. Use embossing ink or white pigment ink to stamp snowflakes from the Penguins stamp set on the upper portion of the card and while the ink is wet add white embossing powder to heat emboss.
11. Mat the panel with a very narrow contrasting double border; adhere to the card front.
You will be able to create many different, very cute cards with the Penguins stamp set! This idea is a good place to start.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Inks – Black; Blue; VersaMark Ink
White Embossing Powder