Hi Artlets! It’s Suzanne here today with a sweet summer card guaranteed to cheer anyone up. What’s not to love about summer (if it’s not too hot for you)? Choose some happy paper that feels like the season and start creating!
Here is how you can make this one…..
- Form a tent-fold card base measuring 7 x 5.75” using a printed border along the bottom edge. (If there is no decorative border, the card base can measure 7 x 5”.)
- Cut a panel measuring 6 x 4.25” from patterned paper. Designer Tip: Choose a pattern that isn’t too strong for this part! Cut a mat slightly larger from a coordinating paper.
- Die cut Summer (from the 4 Seasons set) and love (from the Baby Love set) in contrasting colours. Choose darker coloured cardstock for this step. Tip: If the paper isn’t dark enough, sponge it with some Distress Ink to darken it a tiny bit and add the much needed contrast!
- Use removable tape to adhere the Hearts Spray stencil in place. Tilt it at an angle to get the best fit. The hearts in the stencils are all tumbling around as if they were sprayed into mid-air, so changing the angle is no problem! Choose a contrasting color and sponge ink through the stencil. Allow to dry.
- Cut a little printed embellishment (as shown) or assemble one of Susan Tierney-Cockburn’s low-relief Garden Notes flowers and adhere it in the corner of the stenciled panel.
- Adhere the words using clear foam adhesive. Cut and handle this tape with the Fine Pointed Scissors and Fine Pointed Tweezers so it won’t stick to your hands. Apply small pieces behind the widest parts of the backs of the letters – usually where letters join or a flourish intersects. You only need 2-5 pieces per word depending on the length of the word! Don’t be afraid to put words really close together, even overlapping.
- Adhere layers to the card front using foam tape to give some dimension.
- Stand back and pat yourself on the back!
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Maja Summer Crush papers
Kool Tak clear foam tape
Ranger Distress Ink (if desired)
Ranger Ink Blending Tool (if needed)