Hello! Diana here with a Summer Fun card I made after the Scrapbook Expo in Chantilly. I had such a great time helping out at the ECD booth with the Silk Microfine Glitter demonstrations that I got some and continued to play with it once I got home. At the Expo, I also picked up the Slider and Spinner die set. Here’s my card combining the two. It’s been a while since I made a slider card and what I love about this die set is that there are four different shape slots you can make for the interactive feature instead of just the usual straight line. The A Way With Words Dies ‘Summer’ and ‘Fun’ dies are the perfect topping for this card.
To make this card, I used the water splash from the Dolphin Set and the beach ball is the Lollypop. For complete directions, read on!
- Cut white cardstock 4″ x 5.25″ and mat with a 1/16″ blue cardstock border. This double layer of cardstock makes for a stronger base for the slider element.
- To make the blue cardstock waves for the bottom of the card front, use the curvy slider die. Match up the curves and cut twice to create a long enough piece.
- Die cut the slider slot a little bit above the waves as shown in the photo below. (Secure the die with low tack tape while cutting.)
5. To make the glittered beach ball, die cut the Lollypop from white cardstock that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the front prior to cutting. Die cut the layering piece from a piece of release sheet left over from another project. Remove the release sheet from the white ball to expose the adhesive and use the layering piece as a mask when applying the first Silk Microfine Glitter color. Then remove the mask to expose the remaining adhesive when applying the second color. Polish with a fingertip to bring out the maximum sparkle. Review Els van de Burgt’s tutorial if you are new to Silk Microfine Glitter. To make the ball into the spinning element, use pennies and foam tape as shown in Els’s YouTube Slider Card video tutorial.
6. Sponge the die cut splashes with Broken China Distress Ink. Glue the splashes in place, making sure that these pieces do not interfere with the slider element.
7. Cut the word ‘Summer’ from matching blue cardstock; sponge with Distress Inks. Die cut the word ‘Fun’ from white cardstock that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the front prior to cutting. Use the same two Silk Microfine Glitter colors on the word that were used on the beach ball. Refer to the photo below.
Here’s another look at the completed card. I hope you like it. Interactive cards are great and this one would be perfect for someone who loves the water!
Cardstock in white and blue
Pennies or washers