Hi Crafty Friends,
It’s Frances here and it’s my turn to post a tutorial for the Coloring Design Team today. This time round I have decided to create a trifold card using the Krista Schneider Flower Power Clear Stamp set and coordinating dies as well as the ModaScrap Leafy Branch 3.
Step 1 –
- Cut a piece of White Soft Finish Cardstock so it measures 10 1/2 inches x 6 1/4 inches.
- Measure along the left hand side and make a mark at 2 1/4 inches up from the bottom of the card.
- Use a paper trimmer or craft knife, straight edge, and self-healing cutting mat to cut from the 2 1/4 inch mark up to the 6 1/4 inch side. This creates the diagonal top edge.
- Score twice on the long side of the card at 3 1/2 inches and 7 inches, (parallel to the left and right sides of the cardstock).
- Create a mountain fold first, at the shorter end, and then a valley fold at the second score line. Refer to the photo above.
Step 2 –
- Cut 3 1/4 inch c 12 inch pieces from yellow polka dot pattern paper and from green polka dot pattern paper (see supply list).
- Working one panel at a time, place the patterned paper onto the section where it will be glued to the card. Allow it to extend past the white cardstock. Mark with a pencil and trim.
- Cut away as needed to leave a 1/4 inch white border.
- Adhere patterned paper to five of the panels (three on one side, two on the other, leaving the back panel white). Refer to photos above for placement.
Step 3 –
- Using black ink, stamp the flower from the Flower Power Clear Stamp set onto White Soft Finish Cardstock three or four times (Four times for optional extra backing – see TIP at the end of step 3).
- Use coordinating die to cut out all flowers.
- Color the flowers using Copic markers or other coloring medium of choice.
- Using black ink, stamp “Thinking of You” from the General Sentiments Clear Stamp set on the lower left corner of the front card panel.
- Adhere flowers to card using foam tape for added dimension.
- TIP – For a more finished look (Optional): Because the back of the orange flower will be visible when the card is opened, stamp, color and die cut an extra flower. Adhere it behind the orange flower as shown below.
Step 4 –
- Using the ModaScrap Leafy Branch 3, die cut 6 sets of leaves from White Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Color leaves using Peel Paint and Twisted Citron Distress Inks.
- Adhere to card, tucking the stems behind stamped flowers as shown.
Step 5 –
- Using black ink, stamp Good Luck onto White Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Die cut around sentiment using a close-fitting circle from the Stitched Circles die set.
- Using a circle from the Dotted Scallop Circles die set, die cut a slightly larger circle from Spring Green Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Layer circles together and adhere to the center panel, as shown.
Thank you for stopping by today, I hope you enjoyed my tutorial.
Inks – Permanent black; Distress Ink in Peeled Paint and Twisted Citron