Hi Everyone, it’s Tina here today from the Coloring Team. I am going to show you how easy it is to create your own background using one stamp plus embossing powder. Below you will find the steps to replicate the Flower Power Card.
- Step 1 – Cut White Soft Finish Cardstock 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″. Score and fold in half to form a vertical side-fold card base. Finished size: 4 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ (A2)
- Step 2 – Trim ModaScrap Pattern Paper – Butterfly Dream to 4″ x 5 1/4″ and adhere to center front of card with Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape.
- Step 3 – Trim solid color cardstock (shown: Kraft brown) to 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″. Using embossing ink, stamp the Flower Power image all over the rectangle, including off the edges. Sprinkle with white embossing powder and heat set. Now the fun begins…
- Step 4 – Color the flowers. I used Gansai Tambi Pearl Watercolors. I wanted a light tone with a pearl soft finish. The color really pops on Kraft and dark colors. You can do this technique with other coloring mediums.
- Step 5 – Diecut White Soft Finish Cardstock with Dotted Scallop Rectangles. Adhere to center front of card with Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape.
- Step 6 – Diecut Flower Power Background with Stitched Rectangles. Adhere to center front of card with Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape. See photo above for the order of layers.
- Step 7 – Stamp Happy Birthday sentiment from the General Sentiments Clear Stamps set onto white cardstock using black ink.
- Step 8 – Diecut the sentiment from the ModaScrap Stitched Fishtail Banners and adhere to card with pop-ups or Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape.
I hope you enjoyed this easy tutorial to creating your own stamped background. You can change the stamp and sentiment to create a card for any occasion. Thanks for stopping by.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Gansai Tambi Pearl Colors