Hello my crafty friends! It’s Raquel Mason here today with a Katie Label Pivot card that has a surprise disappearing label when you open the card. As with all pivot cards, the front is usually the inside, except when you have a cut out opening on one of the labels. Let me show you.
When the card is closed you see “It’s somebunny’s birthday” on the front. When you open the card you no longer see that sentiment as it flips to the back of the card. Surprise!
- Cut a turquoise card base at 4 1/4 x 11 and score at 5 1/2.
- Cut (2) pieces of pattern paper at 4 x 5 1/4. Use temporary tape to temporarily hold the pattern paper to the card base. Place Katie Label Pivot die on the center of the card ensuring the alignment nubs are lined up on the fold of the card, then die cut. See photo below. After die cutting, remove the temporary tape and cut off the labels.
3. To make the open window, place the largest decorator die on the left label and die cut.
4. Adhere the pattern paper from step 2 to the inside right and front of card.
5. Cut (3) pieces of a different pattern paper at 3/4 x 4 1/4. Adhere these strips to the front edge and inside edges.
Using the decorator dies, die cut the pieces shown below:
6. Using Lucky Birthday clear stamp set, stamp Lucky, balloon and “Hop, hop, hooray!” onto the large label using black ink. Stamp “It’s somebunnny’s birthday” onto the smallest label using black ink. Color in images using desired medium. Optional: I added some color inside some of the words.
Assemble the card using photos for placement.
This is the view from the back of the card.
I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial and feel inspired to try out the Disappearing Katie Label Pivot card.
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
Lucky Birthday Clear Stamp (retired)
Black ink – Versafine
All cardstock – Stampin’ Up!
Colored pencils – Crayola