Hello! It’s Suzanne here today with a fun summer card that will cheer anyone who receives it! Here on the westcoast of Canada it feels like we went straight from winter to summer as we are enjoying an amazing run of warm weather. I have the beach on my mind. And that’s how this card came about! (oh, wait, maybe that was the trip to Hawaii…..)
Here is how you can make it!
- Form a 7 x 5” tent-fold card base from Café au Lait cardstock. Cut a strip of Soft Sky cardstock measuring approximately 8 x 3”.
- Die cut Hello, Summer and two shells and a starfish (choose your favourites!) and their overlays from White Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Sponge Distress Oxides across the strip of Soft Sky and blend. Sponge the shells with Distress Rusty Hinge and glue the overlays on.
- Lightly spritz the blended strip with water and allow to dry. Sponge Brushed Corduroy Oxide across the middle of the front of the card base and spritz lightly with water.
- Tear the sponged strip so the interior white shows in a pattern that looks like waves. Then tear it again. Distress the torn edges some more – they can even curl! Tape them together as in the photo and trim so it will fit across the bottom of the card base. Adhere in place as shown except for the very top of the “wave”.
- Adhere shells as shown. Tuck one or two under the waves!
- Sponge colour on Hello and Summer. It gives a nice ombre look when you sponge the top of the letters very lightly and the bottom with a bit more ink. Glue letters in place with small rolled pieces of Clear Double Sided Adhesive.
And that’s it! This was surprisingly easy to make! Thanks for having a look. See you next time!
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies:
Ranger Distress Oxide Inks in Cracked Pistachio, Broken China and Vintage Photo
Ranger Distress Ink in Rusty Hinge
Ranger Ink Blending Tool
Tonic Studios Tim Holtz Paper Distresser