Happiness is being in the flower garden chasing dragonflies or butterflies! Good Morning, this is Selma Stevenson and I have designed a card using the cute Krista Schneider Purr Clear Stamp Set.
- Using black VersaFine ink, stamp the cat from the Purr Clear Stamp Set and the ‘happiness’ sentiment from the Joset Designs Dream Sentiments Clear Stamp Set onto watercolor paper. Clear emboss. Color with markers.
- Use the Els van de Burgt Studio Fitted Frames Rectangle die set to die cut the stamped images (this is the middle die in the set). Leave the die cut in the die so you can add color inside the rectangle in step 3.
- Use Susan’s Earth & Sky Stencil and PanPastels to sponge blue on the upper third of this rectangle. Sponge brown or green PanPastel to the lower portion to create ground for the cat to stand on. (This leaves a clean white border.) Use a marker to draw sprigs of grass.
- Use the second largest Dotted Scallop Rectangle die to cut a blue cardstock rectangle to frame the stamped image.
- Use the Leafy Branch 5 die set to cut two green branches. Use Susan’s Leaf Tool to draw a line down center of each leaf to add dimension.
- Use Susan’s Garden Notes Cosmos die set to create two white Cosmos. Shade the center of the flower petals with yellow PanPastels. A YouTube tutorial explaining how to assemble Cosmos is at this LINK.
- Attach a piece of designer paper of choice to the front of a 6-inch card. Attach the stamped image and arrange flowers on the left side of the rectangle.
This card would be Purr-fect for anyone, especially someone who loves cats!
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Designer paper of choice
Markers of choice
Black VersaFine Ink
Clear embossing powder