Hello and welcome. It’s Sandy Diller here to share a friendly greeting with a card that is easy to put together. It’s nice to have a card or two around that can be sent out for no reason other than to say “I’m thinking of you”. I live in the Southwest and find that using these great Feathers from Joset Designs is always appropriate.
Let’s get started-
The finished card size is 4.25″ X 5.5″.
- Begin with a card base that is cut to 5.5″ X 8.5″, scored and folded in half.
- Using the Stitched Rectangles die, cut one black panel, then using the next smaller size, cut 2 more panels (one for the front and one for the inside) shown in manila here. Emboss one panel using the Bark embossing folder.
- Using the same Stitched Rectangle as the manila panels, cut one printed panel and then cut in half. The new ModaScrap collection was used here and it is just perfect for this card.
- Using the Feathers die, cut 3 feathers and crease each down the center to add dimension.
- Using the Hello die, cut once from cardstock backed with Clear Double Sided Adhesive.
6. Optional: Edge panels with ink. Vintage Photo Distress Ink was used here.
8. Add printed panel to embossed panel.
9. Wrap twine around 4 times and secure in the back with tape.
10. Add panel to larger panel.
11. Add panels to card base.
12. Peel release sheet from Hello and attach to top of card.
13. Color feathers and arrange as desired on front of card
14. Thread some twine through a button and tie in a double bow.
15. Add button to front of card at top of feathers. Hot glue was used to adhere the combo because of the twine.
These cards are fast and easy & so handy to have around. I hope you will give it a try.
Have a great day.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Cardstock -in Kraft brown, black & manila
Vintage Photo Distress Ink