Hello, it’s Diana and I’m here to share my love of butterflies with you. I never seem to tire of adding butterflies to my cards and fortunately, there are lots of butterfly items to play with from Elizabeth Craft Designs. Today I combined A Way with Words die cuts, stencils, and a new (to me and maybe to you!) technique with liquid pearls. Instead of using embossing paste or distress inks (my go-to items with stencils) I tested some liquid pearls and they work great! Paired with the incomparable Shimmer Sheetz and you have a very bright and sparkly card.
- Cut card base 8.5″ by 5.5″; score, fold to 4.25″ x 5.5″.
- Adhere the A Way With Word Butterfly and Stars Stencil to white cardstock. Make sure that the stencil is adhered on all four side and add additonal tape where the stars are to keep the center from “floating.” Using a flat edge (like a credit card or spatula) spread the light gold and pastel pink Liquid Pearls across the stencil. Very carefully lift the stencil off and clean stencil immediately with a baby wipe. Set aside to dry.
- Die cut the A Way with Words Beautiful and You (from Thinking of You set) out of Pink Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz. Reminder: A metal adaptor plate is REQUIRED for die cutting Shimmer Sheetz. If you are new to this technique, please review Els van de Burgt’s YouTube tutorial. Trim off everything but the “Be” in Beautifully carefully as in the photo.
- After the liquid pearl has dried, trim the stenciled sheet to 3.25″ x 4.5″. This is a great way to select the best stenciled area.
- Mat the stenciled sheet to a 3.5″ x 4.75″ gold Shimmer sheetz.
- Adhere the Be and You as shown in the card above. Tuck the flourished part of the Be under the gold matting.
- Center and adhere to white card base.
Thank you so much for looking and I hope you get a chance to try the stencils if you haven’t already.
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
Metal adaptor plate (or Big Shot machine with Precision Base Plate)
Masking Tape or Temporary Tape for adhering stencil to card