Hey Everyone! It’s Katelyn here, sharing with you a beautiful Thinking of You Dragonfly Card. The starting point for my card was the new ModaScrap Dragonfly die, and then by combining different die cut images my card just evolved from there. To create my card, I used a variety of dies from ModaScrap and Els van de Burgt Studio as well as a stamp from Joset Designs. Let me show you how to make it.
1. Using the Oriental Card die, cut White Soft Finish Cardstock. Cut the piece in half as shown in the photo above. Use a foam-topped blending tool to ink the straight (corner) edges with Shaded Lilac Distress Ink.
2. Use the 2 1/2″ Dotted Scallop Circles die to cut patterned paper. Use a foam-topped blending tool to ink the edges with Shaded Lilac Distress Ink.
3. Used the 2 1/4″ Stitched Circles die to cut another coordinating patterned paper. Ink the edges with Shaded Lilac Distress Ink.
4. Using the large dragonfly from the Dragonfly die set, cut White Soft Finish Cardstock. Color the entire surface of the dragonfly with Shaded Lilac Distress Ink. To add sparkle and finish the dragonfly, apply Clear Wink of Stella over the entire die cut.
5. Repeat step 4, this time with the small dragonfly.
6. Using the 3/8″ die from the Stitched Fishtail Banners set, cut White Soft Finish Cardstock. Stamp ‘thinking of you’ on the banner with Jet Black Archival Ink. Trim the banner to 2 3/8″. Ink the edges with Shaded Lilac Distress Ink.
7. Die cut patterned paper using the 4″ wide rectangle from the Stitched Rectangles die set. Use an edge distressing tool to give an aged look to the rectangle. Ink the edges with Shaded Lilac Distress Ink.
8. Die cut another patterned paper with the 4 1/4″ die from the Fitted Rectangles die set. Distress and ink the edges the same way as in step 7.
9. Layer and adhere the two rectangles.
10. Adhere the Oriental Card piece to the bottom right corner of the 4″ stitched rectangle.
11. Adhere the stitched circle to the dotted scallop circle. Using foam dots to add dimension, adhere the 2-layer circle as shown above. Adhere the large dragonfly to the middle of the stitched circle.
12. Using foam dots for dimension, adhere the Thinking of You banner, overlapping the bottom portion of the dragonfly, but allowing the wing to extend over the upper right corner of the banner..
13. Cut a card base that measures 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″. Score and fold at 4 1/4″. Adhere the card front to the card base.
14. To finish the inside of the card, adhere the small dragonfly toward the bottom right hand corner.
Here’s another look at the finished Thinking of You Dragonfly Card –
Thanks for joining me today! I hope that I’ve inspired you to create your own version of this Thinking of You Dragonfly Card.
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
Distress Ink – Shaded Lilac
Archival Ink – Jet Black
Mini Blending Tool, Replacement Foam
BoBunny – Butterfly Kisses – Butterfly Kisses, Delight and Joy
Zig – Clear Wink of Stella
Edge Distressing Tool
Foam Dots and Tape