This is Selma Stevenson today. Spring is here and it is time for all the little baby birds to be seen, and that was the inspiration for my Spring Happy Birthday card. This is Selma Stevenson today. I hope my project makes you feel happy!
- Use a piece of design paper of your choice to cover the front of a 6-inch square card.
- Use the Els van de Burgt Studio Fitted Frames 5 – Lace Circles die set and a piece of Celadon Green Soft Finish Cardstock to die cut the green circles.
- Use the Stitched Circle die set to die cut a plaid circle slightly larger than the small Lace Circle. Use the same die set to die cut a white Stitched Circle slightly larger than the plaid circle. Glue these three circles together as shown. Attach the large Fitted Frames 5 – Lace Circle around the smaller circles.
- Use the Joset Designs Bird die set and die cut the bird facing to the left, using white Soft Finish Cardstock. Sponge on yellow and brown inks to color. Glue a single Black Prill to create the eye of the bird. Adhere the bird inside the layered circle frame.
- Use the 10mm Clear Double Sided Adhesive and Forest Green Silk Microfine Glitter to create a glittered strip across the bottom of the card.
- Use the Fitted Frames die set to die cut the small Rectangle, using the Celadon Green Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Use the A Way With Words – happy birthday 2 die set, and die cut 5 ‘happy’ die cuts, using White Soft Finish Cardstock. Glue all the die cuts together to create a dimensional sentiment. Glue to the small Fitted Green Rectangle. Attach to the the bottom of the Circle Frame.
- Use Susan’s Garden Notes Hyacinth die set to create two pink Hyacinths. Instructions for shaping and assembling the hyacinth are at this LINK. Attach the flowers as shown.
- Use Susan’s Garden Notes Zinnia die set to create one flower and attach over the right side of the green glittered strip.
- Use the Dancing Butterflies die set to die cut one butterfly out of Dusty Sky Soft Finish Cardstock.
11. To complete the inside of the card, use the A Way With Words happy birthday 2 die set to die cut a green ‘birthday‘.
12. Use two dies from the Fitted Frames die set to die cut a narrow frame that will fit around the ‘birthday’ die cut. Use White Soft Finish Cardstock.
13. Use the Bird die set to die cut the bird that faces to the right. Color, then adhere as shown in the photo above.
This card could be used for different occasions depending on the word used inside the card. For example: Happy Anniversary.
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
Patterned papers of choice
Inks in yellow and brown