Hi friends, it’s Sandy with you today. I hope you have had a chance to see the wonderful new ModaScrap papers. They have some great designs including masculine ones called “Manly Man.” It is sometimes difficult to come up with cards for the guys in our lives and these papers sure help. I just finished this one for my dad. I was inspired by Kerin Tamir who showed a mixed media card on YouTube.
Let’s get started –
The finished size of this card is 5.5″ X 5.5″ with a top fold but a side fold would work just as well.
1. Cut a 5.5″ x 11″ piece of cardstock from the Manly Man collection; score at 5.5″ and fold in half to create the card base.
2. Die cut a Postage Stamp Square from Rust Soft Finish Cardstock.
3. Die cut a second Postage Stamp Square with a second piece of cardstock from the Manly Man collection. Tear the edges on all four sides by pulling toward you to expose the white core.
4. Optional: Distress the panel by applying some Distress Oxide Ink onto a craft mat (using the ink pad as an applicator), then spritz with water and drag the paper through it. Dry with heat tool.
5. Add ink to the edges. (Shown: Vintage Photo Distress Vintage Photo.)
6. Wrap twine around lower section of panel 5 times. Tape in back to keep in place.
7. Optional: Use foam tape to pop up panel.
8. Adhere layered square to card front.
9. Using Fitted Hearts die, cut one heart in coordinating color. Edge with ink if desired
10. Using the Entwined Hearts die, cut one dark brown heart from paper is backed with Clear Double Sided Adhesive prior to cutting. This will make the heart into a sticker!
11. Using the General Sentiments Clear Stamps set, stamp the “love you” and the “x’s & hearts” and then loosely fussy cut around the stamped words and symbols.
12. Assemble the card front as shown in the photo above. Optional: Add a heart-shaped charm as the finishing touch.
Don’t forget to check out all the great new ModaScrap designs on the website and have a creative day,
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
Dark brown cardstock
Distress Oxide Ink in Vintage Photo