Hi Everyone, it’s Tina here today for the Elizabeth Craft Designs Die cut team. Today I want to show you how interactive the Elizabeth Crafts Designs Product are. Below you will find the steps to replicate this card.
- Cut Soft Finish Cardstock 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″. Score and fold in half to form a vertical side-fold card base. Finished card measures 4 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ (A2).
- Trim 3 cardstock papers (same color tones from dark to light) to 4″ x 5 1/4″.
- With masking tape, tape 3 sizes of Dotted Scallop Circles together on the back side of dies, one inside the other.. Die cut darkest color first. Next, remove the largest die and die cut the middle color. Remove next die and repeat with the last color. Note: Center the first die cut with the second sheet and be sure all pieces are centered each time before die cutting next layer. Use masking tape to keep the die in place. NOTE: I changed my mind mid-project and used a spare piece in the darkest color to cover the lightest area.)
- Ink on the darkest color cardstock (top cardstock layer cut with largest die) using the butterflies only from A Way With Stencils SG-S022 Butterflies and Stars. Move the stencil around to always align with the edge of the die cut (and be careful not to get ink where you don’t want it!). Refer to the photo.
- Leave space at the bottom right for the sentiment. Stamp ‘follow your dreams’ with embossing ink, sprinkle with white embossing powder, tap off excess and return it to the jar; heat set.
- Adhere layers to card front, lightest to darkest. Optional: Before adding these layers, create a background to show within the innermost circle. As shown: Distress Oxide Inks. Other options: Use patterned paper, leave the cardstock as a solid color.
- To create the glittered butterfly: Add Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape or Sheet to the front of a piece of Soft Finish Cardstock. Die cut with the large butterfly from the Dancing Butterflies die set. Carefully peel off the release sheet (use the release sheet to hold the die cut and touch the exposed adhesive, not your fingers) and sprinkle with Silk Microfine Glitter. Make sure the entire butterfly is well covered. Tap off excess and return to the jar. Gently but firmly use your fingertip to polish the glitter and bring out the maximum sparkle! The picture below shows how gorgeous it is and how beautifully it shines. Adhere the butterfly to the card front using glue only along the body. Gently curve the wings upward to add dimension.
I hope you enjoyed this easy tutorial. All products are listed below. Remember this card can be used for any occasion by changing the sentiment, colors or die. Thanks for stopping by.
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
Distress Oxide Inks
White Embossing Powder