Hello Dear Friends,
Shalini Pahwa here. A rose is a symbol of love. There is no better way to express your love, gratitude or appreciation to someone than to give them a bouquet of roses.
Since my childhood I have been enamored of roses. Seeing the new Garden Notes Rose 3 die set by Susan Tierney-Cockburn from the Susan’s Garden collection gave me a new way to use my own creativity to express my love for these wonderful flowers.
This Thinking of You with Roses card is a way to celebrate both the amazing flower and the amazing die.
To make this card:
1. Cut a piece of light green Soft Finish Cardstock (or another color from the ‘Timeless’ sampler pack) to 4.125” x 12”; score at 6″, fold in half to make a side-fold card base.
2. Emboss a piece of White Soft Finish Cardstock with the Feathers folder. Lightly spray the bottom portion of the rectangle with Cosmic Shimmer Mist in Blue Lime and when the spray is dry, adhere to the card front.
3. Spray a piece of cheesecloth with Cosmic Shimmer Mist in Blue Lime. Allow it to dry.
4. Die cut White Soft Finish Cardstock with the fairy’s wing die from the Garden Notes Fairy – Rose Petal die set. Make six or seven pieces.
5. Adhere the sprayed cheesecloth on the card front, topped with the wing pieces from step 4. Tip: Refer to the photo and be sure to arrange the wings in a wide oval so they will give the look of a lacy doily when the roses, buds and leaves are added on top of them in step 7. Set aside any extra wings for future projects. Leave them whole or cut them into pieces to get the effect you desire.
6. Die cut, color, shape and assemble three full bloom roses, two or three buds, several leaves, and four extra petals. Use Kids Choice Glue; review Susan’s tutorial as needed. The pieces can be cut from colored cardstock and edged with ink (as shown: Distress Ink in Festive Season) or start with white cardstock and color with markers, PanPastels, or other medium of your choice.
7. Using the photos as a guide, arrange and adhere the leaves, roses, buds, and falling petals.
8. Stamp ‘thinking of you’ onto White Soft Finish Cardstock. Cut a rectangle around the words, ink the edges with a bit of spray mist applied with an artist’s sponge, and add to the card front to finish the project! (Optional: Add foam tape under the sentiment to add dimension, as shown.)
I hope you like this rose-filled card and will make exquisite roses of your own using the Garden Notes – Rose 3 die set!
Visit the Elizabeth Craft Designs store for the dies I used, along with other wonderful products.
Have a great day!
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
Distress Ink in Festive Season
Archival Ink in Jet Black
Cosmic Shimmer Mist in Blue Lime
Optional: Foam tape; Artist’s sponge (to edge the sentiment)