It’s Tina here today for Susan’s Garden Club. I am excited to share a Scallop Window Frame Card with you using one of my favorite flowers from Susan – the Aster. It is a super easy flower to assemble. Use it with a scallop window frame and you’re all set. Below you will find the steps to replicate this card.
- Cut White Soft Finish Cardstock 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″. Score and fold in half to form a vertical side-fold card base. Finished card measures 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ (A2).
- Cut a do-it-yourself background* or patterned paper of your choice to 4″ x 5 1/4″. Adhere to center front of card with Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape. (*Use sprays, inks or watercolors on watercolor paper for a dappled effect.)
- Using the Stitched Rectangles die that is closest in size to the card front, die cut a White Soft Finish Cardstock rectangle. Using a Dotted Scallop Rectangles die, cut a window in the white rectangle. Optional: Add an extra window underneath in a contrasting color as shown. Adhere to center front of card using foam tape or dots for dimension.
- Die cut all pieces needed to make two asters using White Soft Finish Cardstock. Use Distress Ink to color the cardstock before die cutting the pieces, and then again after the pieces are cut to add more shading. Shape and assemble the flowers, adding touches of clear drying glue and yellow Pollen to the centers. Set aside till the glue is dry.
- Using two dies from the Curvy Leaves die set, cut two 2-Leaf and two 5-leaf pieces from White Soft Finish Cardstock. Color with Distress Ink before die cutting and then use the same ink again to add shading after cutting, same as for the flowers from step 4. Shape the leaves. Arrange and adhere the flowers and leaves on the card front as shown in the photo below.
- Use embossing ink to stamp ‘HAPPY BIRTHDAY’ from the General Sentiments Clear Stamps set onto a piece of the same paper that was used for the card background. Sprinkle with white embossing powder and heat set. Once dry, die cut the sentiment with the appropriately-sized die from the Stitched Fishtail Banners set. Adhere banner to card using foam tape or dots for dimension.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Product Used
Other Products Used
White embossing powder
Foam tape or dots
Yellow Pollen from Woodland Scenics
Optional: Contrasting cardstock for inner window, inks or sprays for do-it-yourself background